The Titan Revisited

So I went to tint an Audi A8L yesterday. I wanted to cover the entire rear window, not cutting out for the brake light. I was presented with a problem though. The space behind the brake light is very narrow and my side swiper was not only too thick, it was also too short to reach the area and squeegee the slip solution out.

Since I had ordered 3 Titans when they first came out (and stuck with them as I found them too flimsy to use on anything to date), I decided to try it on the A8.

Voila! It remarkably did the trick! :beer Squeegeed out all the water and got back behind the light very nicely.

So I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

The Titan, while not an everyday tool because I still believe it is too flimsy, saved my rear end on the A8 and for that fact I am greatful to ZOLA.

:spit

So I went to tint an Audi A8L yesterday. I wanted to cover the entire rear window, not cutting out for the brake light. I was presented with a problem though. The space behind the brake light is very narrow and my side swiper was not only too thick, it was also too short to reach the area and squeegee the slip solution out.

Since I had ordered 3 Titans when they first came out (and stuck with them as I found them too flimsy to use on anything to date), I decided to try it on the A8.

Voila! It remarkably did the trick! :beer Squeegeed out all the water and got back behind the light very nicely.

The Titan, while not an everyday tool because I still believe it is too flimsy, saved my rear end on the A8 and for that fact I am greatful to ZOLA.

:shoot2

Glad that the tool could help you out on an install. They recently revised the Titan to make it a bit stiffer, but it is still fairly flexible and a bit thicker. For what you described, the extra thickness would not have helped. Anyway, thank you again for the order and the feedback you provided above. beer.gif

Guest solarseal

Voila! It remarkably did the trick! :bingo Squeegeed out all the water and got back behind the light very nicely.

:lol2

way to hang in there ,I use titan on most rear windows especially sharply angled glass. none of these tools come with instructions the more you use them the more familiar you get with them, also titan squeegee has new youtube vid. :lol

Voila! It remarkably did the trick! :bingo Squeegeed out all the water and got back behind the light very nicely.

doing this in florida is a big no-no...we can not cover brake lights with film here in florida and hope its legal there. would think with everyone making a stink about a tinted windshield would be making a bigger stink about covering brake lights?

glad your tool worked out, just hope all the other brake lights always work?

Guest GreenCove

Voila! It remarkably did the trick! :boogie Squeegeed out all the water and got back behind the light very nicely.

:imok

doing this in florida is a big no-no...we can not cover brake lights with film here in florida and hope its legal there. would think with everyone making a stink about a tinted windshield would be making a bigger stink about covering brake lights?

jeff...have you ever heard of anyone getting a ticket for that?....cause I tint behind brakelights all of the time :bingo

Guest scottydosnntkno

:imok

jeff...have you ever heard of anyone getting a ticket for that?....cause I tint behind brakelights all of the time :boogie

I'm sure its one of those things thats like tinting the head/tailights. Until you get caught, its not an "issue"

Voila! It remarkably did the trick! :bat Squeegeed out all the water and got back behind the light very nicely.

jeff...have you ever heard of anyone getting a ticket for that?....cause I tint behind brakelights all of the time :lol6

I do also but never for my dealers cars

yep, the way the law is wrote is that if you have a brake light out and get pulled over for it and the third brake light is not covered then a warning ticket is issued..if you have a brake light out and the third brake light is covered then a cop can right you a faulty equipment ticket...clay its 74 duval is 85.. the price might of change since the cities are going broke though

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I could of used a titan last week... I was doing some onsite dealer work and was doing a ford Taurus with the third light. I was using my bulldozer and all of a sudden it just snapped in half! We were 35 minutes away from the shop and all I had was my side swiper and conquerer with me and it took me 1/2 hour to get all the water from behind the light, and the whole time I was pushing down on the rear deck as hard as I could and getting pissed off. I've been wanting to get a titan but just havn't picked one up yet

Archived