Back Glass HELP! Film not sticking!

So I have this 2009 Volkswagen GTI here right now and thank god the guy left it overnight because that back window is terrible. I tinted his wifes 2001 GTI last night and it came out perfect and really were no major issues. This thing was terrible the back window took me 2 tries to heat shrink it and it took me quite a while, anyway I put the film on and there are a few spots not sticking near the defroster. I hit them with a little bit of heat, I tried hard carding them out of there, I tried making little knick in the film to let the air out and push down and these air pockets will just not go away. HELP! He's picking it up in the morning and one of those super picky people, and I am stuck. I have had this problem before, I was just reading some of you steel wool back defrosters? Anyway maybe thats for the future but is there anything I can do right now? Any help would be appreciated guys! Cameras dead but here is a picture I snapped with my phone to give you an idea back glass.jpg

Guest 515tinter

when I have that happen hit the outside with heat but not too close that it'll over heat the film so have a good distance from the glass and just keep pushing out that area for a good minute or two with that constant heat. took care of my problem but its kinda hard to explain

Let it sit overnight since you can, then carefully make a small slice on the edge of the defroster line at the edge of the bubble.

Be very careful not to touch the raised film in the morning as is will stick immediately.

Once you have made the cut, use a clean hard card to move the air toward the small opening you made at the defroster line from each end of the finger/peanut/raised area/bubble.

If you do this right, you wont see where the film was raised, but you will see where it has seated against the defroster better than the rest of the film.

Hey guys thanks SOOO much for your quick response, I was gonna call it a night and head back here in the morning to try and touch it up or maybe even redo the back window at 6 am but I did what the tint pimp did, I hit it with some heat on the outside on low setting for a good minute, then pushed really hard with the lil chiz, and it came out perfect! We all know how picky VW drivers can be lol Thanks again Heres a quick snap of the finished job since I'm sure you guys were curious. If any of you get one of these in the sides are cake, rear quarters need a little heat but only 2 or 3 fingers, and the side windows looked scary because of the drop at the top of the door panel because I hate pulling panels, but didnt have to, tape your felts and it'll be glorioussss.finish.jpg

Archived