Lexus IS300 Door panel problems?

Tintmaster08

Hello everyone, I hade a 06 IS 300 in the shop yesterday. I have a problem with the door panels. I started ting this car and after laying the film on the passenger side, I notice this black and green goo all over my squege and corner card. I figure it was something down in the door seal that I had picked up. So I cleaned my tools and continued to tint. Well after finishing the sides I noticed that I had more of this goo on my tools. I looked at all of the doors, and the panels were the cause of this goo. It seems like once I got them wet, the panels got soft. I also noticed tool marks on top of the panels themselves. I felt the panels after they were wet, and they were extremely soft, I even scraped it with my finger nail, only for it to come off on my fingers. All of the doors were like this. I tinted one about a week ago and didn't have any problems, but this one seems to have really soft material on the door panels that got even softer when wet. The vehicle was tinted previously but the film was removed. Could it be a chemical that was used to remove the old film that caused this, or defected door panels? :dunno

Archived