Acura TSX

Acura TSX

acura-tsx.jpg

Jun 17 2003, 07:12 PM

Did one today....One for the tinters!

Ive tinted 6 tsx's and they are starting to come back!!! The gasket I believe is very hard plastic, and we are getting hairline scratches on the tint. Any Suggestions?

Felt liner. Doesn't seem like that gasket was very tight, but if you say it's scratching, I'll take your word for it. Guess I'll get to use that big roll of felt after all. Bummer. You can get that stuff through sommer-maca, or jr lawrence I think I've heard in here. I got my roll from Sommer-Maca. Sucks, it's an easy car too.

That felt sure works great, If done right you cant tell that it's not factory.

use the moleskin channel liner from CR Laurence part# C-5901. I use it for new accords, TSX's, and all Mercedes

Thanks for the info, but I tried using vercro 1/2 inch on the tsx, and it was so smooth the velcro didnt stick at all ,can someone give the info on the moleskin? Phone # or Website

Hi all, ive posted here before, when i was getting my toyota tinted, and you guys refered me to a great tinter. I just bought a new tsx, and several owners mentioned that moleskin is required. Do you guys know if i have to remove the door panels to install the stuff?

That's the only proper way I know of installing it. I put it on while I have the panels off anyway. I'm a panel puller on most.

So after the panels are off is it easy? I need to install some speakers anyway, so would like to do it myself

I have to agree..... i pull most panels, unless the seal can be removed by popping the top of it back

how much are you guys charging to tint a tsx?

Easy felt job you don't even need to remove the panels just loosen the top couple of screws and you can pull the panel back enough to get the seal out

I own a TSX and frequent the forums for it. I always bragged about using Madico and how it didn't scratch on mine. Well now I got the verticle hairline scratches as well. Most people that I have talked to have had moleskin added to it. Yes you have to pull the door panels off to get the moleskin on. Sux!!! Heres a link to the door panel removal (not that any of the pros here need it:) http://www.chrishorne.com/gallery/TSXspeakers

hey any of you guys ever had the window switch fall apart on these tsx's?

Never herd of that happening and I frequent the TSX forums.

the very first one i did the window switch fell apart when i pulled the door panel off. hasnt happened since, just be carefull. i was able to put it back together fine though.

no, i don't take them apart.

i have had alot of them fall apart. easy to put back together. as far as people saying felt wont stick scuff the moulding with some steel wool while it is apart then it will stick no problem i do them all the time.

Click here to view the article

Archived