2010 Dodge Charger

Guest Effici-Tint

Guest Effici-Tint

I just did a 2010 Dodge Charger and have only been tinting for about 3 months. I always read these before doing a car I haven't done before. I saw so many people having issues with this car so I thought the worst. They showed up late and there wasn't much time to do it so I told them I would start on the sides and if I couldn't get to the back glass I would do it another day but this way the sides would be done. I had about 4 hours which to the new tinter isn't much time at all. First thing I noticed was that the bottom rubber seal on the roll up windows could be pulled right out! SCORE! I got the first window done in no time so now I was able to take my time. I get all of the sides done and go to the back glass where I was dreading. I set my horizontal anchor lower than normal and just figured I would vinyl the top where the lines are. Anyway, I got the bottom shrunk out with no problems. Start doing the top... and also had no problems going all of the way up to the top. I've heard of people using the lift and pull method on this car and I had no issues. I've adapted kind of a hybrid between a wet and dry shrink that has been working well. I use baby powder to allow the film to move around and get in place then lightly spray underneath one side at a time to set the horizontal anchor, then the sides of the H and work in from each side to make vertical fingers. Shrunk them out with no problems pretty quick and got this car done in 3.5 hours. Honestly, this is a new personal best on a car I've heard so many problems with. Very satisfied right now! These forums help in many ways. Keep posting.

That's good time for a rookie, if that includes the cleaning, prep, and detail. Not the easiest rear shrink out there either, good work! However, shouldn't need to vinyl the lines, the tint will stick good to the top of these as long as you get your shrink down.

Archived