Apology

I have said in the past that Huper film is not very optically clear. The truth is that the film Stark 60 installed on the windshield of my wifes Suburban is distorted due to heat shrinking.

I installed Stark 60 on my house this weekend (same roll as the Suburban) and the clarity is really good. :thumb

I've had a chance recently to install some Sech, Drei, and Ceramic 40 on some 12"x12" glass samples to evaluate. I'm seeing some slight graininess or slight orange peel texture in all 3 samples. Does anyone who uses these films regularly experience this or am I perhaps looking at it too closely?

Guest Sprinter

I think we all can see stuff in the film, if we get real close!

graininess or little scallops or itty bitty lines. if you can see it from 3 feet away then I would be concerned.

some films will show this more apparently than others but all if viewed from the correct angle will have some of this in it!

Guest Litespeeds

Huper is a very good film for clarity when applied to flat glass, however, when applied to auto glass that has a steep angle to it, you will notice a slight bit of distortion from the adhesive. I think you notice that with pretty much any type of film if you stare at it or look through it 90+% of the time. That is why I do not advise people to tint their windshields. When you look at headlights or tailights, they appear a little fuzzy and makes you feel like you need glasses or a new prescription. :lol

Archived