Plastic Windows

Guest EagleHawk

Guest EagleHawk

I have a Mazda Miata with a plastic rear window. I have tinted my side windows, but I don't know what to do with the rear plastic window. I have been told that the is NO WAY any sort of tinting will work mostly due to the heat and bubbling of the tint. I live in Texas and it DOES get hot...

Any ideas? Anyone tried to tint plastic?

Thanks!!

EagleHawk

Guest Braud Spectrum

I had a jeep that had those plastic windows. Just did the Driver and passenger and then made solar screens with velcro to attach on the inside for the plastic ones. Didn't look too bad. :crazy

I sew, so I was able to make them but you might get a window shop (or an upholstery or awning shop) to make you one if you don't have a machine or don't know how to sew. You can buy the solar screen at Home Depot. My machine handled it well.

Better than nothing... :eyebrows

Guest Braud Spectrum

I've seen um too MDog. It's almost a chemical reaction. Like putting gasloine in a clorox bottle. :eyebrows Melts it.

It scratches so easily.

I took it off a storefront door somebody'd tinted because it looked so horrible and you couldn't even see through it. The window was blurry even before the adhesive was removed. I just 409'd it after the film pulled off. I warned um before I started that it might not look good. They didn't care it looked so bad like it was. And sure enough... it did look like crap after removing. Burned into it.

On my miata I put a glass window top from Duetto Motors. and had all the windows tinted.

http://home.flash.net/~duetto/

Just wanted to ley you know about duetto, back when I did mine their top prices were really good compared to a lot of places.

they are a sponsor over at miata.net

are you a member of any of the miata clubs?

Archived