custom design mirror prob

Guest razorblaze

Guest razorblaze
:spit can anyone help I`m a new guy at tinting and I used r20 mirror tint to do a super awesome tribal flame flame design with a black jt 15% backround on one of my cars and it turned out phenominal except for these super small speckles look like dust or lint in the mirror ....I razored the glass 3x and squeege`d it like 8x then applied the mirror and still had like bumps (speckles)...how can I avoid this when I do my show car a 1980 camaro with color changer paint......p.s. I know ppl hate mirror but the ppl in my city and my friends are wanting mirror designs faster than I can tint it at.....but please help with my mirror speckles.....

you either have contamination from your process of applying or it is water that will take a while to dry. You are using a commercial film, remember? You should also use a decent film instead of Just Trash 15 :spit

Guest metint

If you are plotter cutting the design, use transfer tape to apply the design to glass.

If you are hand cutting then applying the design, consider applying the film first and cutting the design on the glass.

Get rid of the CDF (R-20) for mirror graphics... if you insist on LLumar, use Platinum Plus 18.

If you insist on using 'mirrored', buy some Solar gard Silver 80. It comes in pressure sensitive adhesive... R-20 only has PS for the international sales, not US domestic market.

It only takes one time over the glass with a blade to achieve what the blade will do.

Filter your water...

Learn how not to touch the adhesive of the design or touch it as little as possible. :spit