Cold Weather Tinting

I understand the general principles of installing in cold weather climates (have had success), elusive sunshine, and tinting with standard films.

Being unfamiliar with the metalized films, is it safe to install it in cold weather and expect the finished product to come out ok with relatively no bubbles/flaws?

...btw, I checked previous similar discussions and found nothing on this topic. :inot

Thanks

Guest Windshieldwizard

us being in saskatchewan is cold over half the year we use lots of metalized film and never had any issues a person can tell the customer to turn on defrost it help or if you tint the rear window first turn on the rear defrost as it is drying and it helps speed stuff up aswell as somedays we will turn on our floor lamps we have dual 500w halogen floor lamps thises yellow ones one set on each side and it is dry in minutes

:popcorn Thanks fellas. Did you say :cooldot

My regular installer, whom I trust and love his work, seems to have no problem and will do it. But, he wants to use the Llumar PP, which will probably work out well, but I have never seen it on anything and all he has is samples, no pics, as it is not popular here. Not having seen it on a vehicle, my hope is that it is not too reflective as to draw to much attention from the 'po pos' (I want just a little).

I talked with another tinter who uses Suntek Inf. OP, which I am more familiar with and fond of, but he seems less certain that he can 'get all the water out it or that it may be too cold to do it. Maybe he's that 'limp rist' :popcorn you spoke of, Gus.

Archived