Help w/ Tint Selection

:cool

I have a purple ford SPAM (1987) and I want to know what is a good tint (and manufacturer)to compliment my car's style and color. My local tint guy says that this car is easy to tint but he wants $225 to do the job!

I'm thinkin that he is screwing me, what do you guys think?

I even suggested that I would bring in this cool tint I found at Wal-mart that has a CHrome finish to it, but he says he has a tint that he has used for many years that works better.

He sort of smirked at this point and said that HIS tint would match my car wonderfully, especially as the years go by, but I get the feeling that he is putting me on. What do you all think?

:dunno

225 is not bad to get your car tinted. he should be putting on good film on there, you have to understand the fact he's removing old tint and retinting, maybe not be a big deal to you but hey its work!

just ask what film he uses.

common film companies, llumar,madico,solargard,suntek,johnson,there's many more. :lol2

225 is not bad to get your car tinted. he should be putting on good film on there, you have to understand the fact he's removing old tint and retinting, maybe not be a big deal to you but hey its work!

just ask what film he uses.

common film companies, llumar,madico,solargard,suntek,johnson,there's many more. :evileye

[*]243344

Thanks for your genuine help, now I feel guilty though, for just messin' around :lol2

Seriously though, do you find Johnson to be in the same category as SG, Llu, and Suntek?

I have Johnson on a Honda Accord right now. The install was seemless, I am perfectly happy. But I am not sure of the dye, and what appears to me to be discoloration begining within the second year. It appears to be developing a bit of a bluish hew. Just my observation though.

Guest thetintshop
My local tint guy says that this car is easy to tint but he wants $225 to do the job!

[*]243221

well, what do people think about you and your job? I'm sure there's people out there that think you're overpaid for your job.

but I'm willing to bet everything I own that you think you need a raise.

My local tint guy says that this car is easy to tint but he wants $225 to do the job!

[*]243221

well, what do people think about you and your job? I'm sure there's people out there that think you're overpaid for your job.

[*]243365

:lol2:evileye

[*]243221

[*]243365

TTS- I was just playin' man! :lol2

I had a couple drinks last night and felt like messin' around a bit. I got a little froggy for a moment. If you reread my posts you will see the sarcasm in them all - follow the smilies, they are the key to my madness.

Besides, I'll bet you've got some purple tint that you pulled off another car and would like to put it on my 1987 purple SPAM. :hmmm:krazy

:lol2:evileye:dunno

Archived