Electric usage with an Extractor

Guest jug head

Guest jug head

So I live in a small little town in central kentucky where as a commercial building we get our utility bills quarterly. The first quarter of the year my bill was so so (gas heat) also my extractor was down for a month. This quarter with the same amount of cars but with a extractor running quite often it more than doubled. :lol It's amazing the kind of power they use.

Thought the meter was calibrated wrong so we checked it. and then started checking amps on everything used in the shop. These babies are some power mongers.

So when folks get cheap and want to brow beat me over my price (if I don't just flat out tell them to beat feet) it honestly cost me 10 to 15 bucks to start the bad boy up and run it for a hour. :beer

are you folks seeing these kind of power numbers when you run yours?

something is wrong. extractors suck power, but not like that. A small pump and an electric heater is all that there is. Are you at least filling it with hot water? should be ready to use in less than ten minutes.

Guest jug head
My electric bill averages $275 a month. You close to that?

[*]287899

close--$291 but was hitting $140 the last three? I will have it checked out or have another dropped of so I can compare amps.

also-- Yes I start out with 140 degree water. kind of had me stumped too.