2005 Grand Cherokee

blade

Guest tint4less
ok, call me a noob again... I'm gathering that heating a laminated window will cause it to shatter?

Why is that?  What cars have laminated windows? How can u tell the glass is laminated?

[*]294652

when heating something laminated such as a windshield you have to be real careful and try to just heat the film and not the glass itself. because it will shatter.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The heat difference between the two pieces of glass and the inner layer will cause it to expand at extremely different rates...somethings got to give.

Find yourself some IWFA Education Guides, it will help you learn the ins and outs of different films and glass types.

Guest idealrides

hey blade, I noticed on my 2006 grand cherokee that there seems to be some felt on the seal at the top of the door panel, the one that runs the entire width of the door panel from the side mirror area all the way to the lock-knob. Is there something inside the door that needs felt as well?

thanks

-ed

hey blade, I noticed on my 2006 grand cherokee that there seems to be some felt on the seal at the top of the door panel, the one that runs the entire width of the door panel from the side mirror area all the way to the lock-knob.  Is there something inside the door that needs felt as well?

thanks

-ed

[*]373884

ed

on the cherokees like that there is a second seal- As far as the need to be felted I'll leave that to blade - I dont felt that one

good luck

Guest idealrides
the felt you're talking about is the gasket that I described how to remove.  nothing needs felt.

[*]373890

damn! I guess I was reading your other thread in this forum where you said you had to felt the 2004 GC and I figured it was the same... but it seems they started using felt again with the new body style. Well I was waiting to tint her until I got this roll of 3/4" adhesive felt for $3 on ebay and now that I got it I checked the seal and it had the felt! :woowoo

But thanks for the panel instructions... I'm goin' in!

Archived