Sunglasses and window film

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fleet
All I notice with the polarized shades are the temper marks on back glasses..

Sorry for quoting such an old thread, but I used the search function, and I believe this is the correct thread.

I've had my windows tinted for about a month now. When I look in the rearview at my back window with my sunglasses on, I see marks all over the glass. They look like fingers all over the glass. When I take the glasses off, they are gone, and the view is clear.

What is this, and more importantly, will it go away? I'm hoping the adhesive just hasn't dried yet. I can see through the fingers, but it is very distracting when driving.

I went to the tint place I had it applied, and they could not see anything. I guess they don't want to replace it, because it is definately there.

Thanks for the input

-Fleet

Guest metint
All I notice with the polarized shades are the temper marks on back glasses..

Sorry for quoting such an old thread, but I used the search function, and I believe this is the correct thread.

I've had my windows tinted for about a month now. When I look in the rearview at my back window with my sunglasses on, I see marks all over the glass. They look like fingers all over the glass. When I take the glasses off, they are gone, and the view is clear.

What is this, and more importantly, will it go away? I'm hoping the adhesive just hasn't dried yet. I can see through the fingers, but it is very distracting when driving.

I went to the tint place I had it applied, and they could not see anything. I guess they don't want to replace it, because it is definately there.

Thanks for the input

-Fleet

If you are wearing Polarized sunglasses, you are seeing anomalies which are an inherent result of the glass tempering processes.

It's permenant.

:booga

Guest Fleet

Thanks for the info.

Is this the case with all tint installs? If I had it redone, would I get the same effect, even with a more experienced shop?

I may just have to get it all removed. :rollin

It's too bad - I really like having tinted windows besides this vision problem.

Guest Eclipse
metint

Posted on Apr 15 2004, 04:28 AM

?

If you are wearing Polarized sunglasses, you are seeing anomalies which are an inherent result of the glass tempering processes.

It's permenant.

This "pattern" that you see with polarized sunglasses is a pattern caused by the cooling jets on the glass in the final stages of the tempering process. The film makes it more noticeable because it is cutting the glare allowing your eyes to focus better. Removing the film will only lessen this issue. It will still be there.

Maybe you should get different glasses. :rollin

Guest Fleet

I never noticed that pattern before I got the windows tinted. Interestingly, I don't have that problem looking out the other tinted windows.

What kind of sunglasses should I be wearing? I thought polarized was the way to go.

Thanks

--Fleet

Guest Fleet

I wouldn't need the sunglasses except for the windshield. It still gets pretty bright when looking at the road. I wear prescription sunglasses in the car. My prescription has changed and it is time for a new pair. Maybe I'll see if I can buy non-polarized.

Thanks for the info everyone - I had no idea it was a problem in the glass. I assumed it was the tint.

--Fleet

Guest metint

Had a tinter in Raleigh NC with this same complaint form a Lexus owner...

Went down there, bought a $15 pair of polarized sun glasses and showed the Lexus owner and the Lexus dealership a whole new look to their auto glass, tint or not tint.

:rollin

Archived