Ruff Day yesterday

Guest VOLTRON

Guest VOLTRON

Did a job yesterday and it was only 7 windows but they were 70x144 3 of them and 4 that were 75x144 using ps addhesive and it was a very expensive film. there were booths in the way and light fixtures also in the way aswell as 12inch wooden chairrails. on one of the 75inch windows there was a staircase right behind it and had to squeeze my boney azz in there, it was not a fun workspace.

But got it all done and it looked really good, last 2 windows were in direct sunlight :eyebrows

Guest metint
Did a job yesterday and it was only 7 windows  but they were 70x144 3 of them and 4 that were 75x144 using ps addhesive and it was a  very expensive film. there were booths in the way and light fixtures also in the way aswell as 12inch wooden chairrails. on one of the 75inch windows there was a staircase right behind it and had to squeeze my boney azz in there, it was not a fun workspace.

But got it all done and it looked really good, last 2 windows were in direct sunlight  :DD

[*]306338

I remember the glass size well, don't envy the job from your description.

Story goes:

When I was a rep, a dealer wanted to see 72 inch film (back when it first came out) so I went down and met him on site, window pane was 70 x 120... :dunno CDF adhesive, reverse roll and he's asking me if I need help since no one's handled 72 x 120 before... :lol6:DD I just politely asked him to have a seat :lol6 You see, it was only 6 inches wider than 60 inch on each side, how difficult could it be? :lol2

That's when the dealer learned of using a 12 inch Unger squeegee (black blade) for smoothing out before hitting it hard with the install squeegee. :lol2

we did a job like that a week ago...about 15 windows 78 x 100. not PS adhesive though. that had to have sucked for you :DD the only thing in our way were hot tubs and a few neon signs. with windows that big I backroll the film then do an initial squeegee with one of my brass cleaning squeegees. then go back and hit it with a blue max. :evilgrin

Guest VOLTRON

yea thats what I do too, just couldnt seem to keep u nuff water on it though. And I was sweatin balls too cause one piece of that film was about 400 benjamins. But it paid well so im not too upset.

we did a job like that a week ago...about 15 windows 78 x 100.  not PS adhesive though.  that had to have sucked for you  :beer  the only thing in our way were hot tubs and a few neon signs.  with windows that big I backroll the film then do an initial squeegee with one of my brass cleaning squeegees.  then go back and hit it with a blue max.  :lol6

[*]306513

Right Blade. :rollin

Devil