best way to get out coffee stain

Guest tintgod

Guest tintgod

my GF has a problem with spilling her coffee in hervan an she said she has tried everything to get it out...including taking it to a detailer...the stain has been there awhile..at least a few years that I know of.

does anyone have any tricks up their sleeve to get this stain out???

thank

bryan..

Guest WASHBOY

I dont know what kind of car it is, but you could dye the carpet or if you want to be cheap try spay paint!(be very carfull) It will make the carpet stiff. If it was for a customer I'm more for the professional way, just get them new carpet!

We use an automagic product calles Enzyme stain remover. You could get some or something similar. To use it you soak the coffee stain and let it sit for 15 minutes. The enzymes eat protien so it works well at getting out any food, blood, milk or other organic substances.

If her car is a GM with grey carpets then forget it. They stain really easy.

They make some stuff called "coffee and tea stain remover". I've not had the best experiences with protein removers. Coffee and tea or not really protein based stains like blood, milk, vomit, etc. Coffee and tea are called tannin stains. However, depending on what has been put on the stain, it may be set. Most otc cleaners change the ph of the stain and cause it to be permanent. The cheaper the carpet, the easier it is to set the stain.

Guest tintgod

come to find out..it is not coffee..it is tea..and it in on a sandlwood color carpet..and it has been there for about 5 years...happen the day my GF got the van..olds silhouette..

anyways..thanks for the info guys..I will try then and see what happen...but I have a feeling I will be getting her new carpet for christmas..I have a full new kit for a little over $200..if there are anyother places that you know of to get carpet kits ..let me know..

thanks again.

bryan

Guest tintgod
I would seriously try the coffee/tea stain remover.  Go to your local carpet outlet or a carpet cleaning place and see if they have any.  The place I work during the day sells is in a 32 oz bottle for $13.

[*]327837

:wall

Guest rollman
my GF has a problem with spilling her coffee in hervan an she said she has tried everything to get it out...including taking it to a detailer...the stain has been there awhile..at least a few years that I know of.

does anyone have any tricks up their sleeve to get this stain out???

thank

bryan..

[*]327366

Find a professional detailer that uses a vapor steam cleaner . There's nothing I haven't been able to get using vapor steam . You could try Folex. before I started using the steamer I had good results with it. You can find it at Target , Walmart .

Archived