New tinter

Guest alphatinter

Guest alphatinter

Im just starting window tinting. I have been all over the web, and I can not find anything on which window tint is the best, which kind I should learn with. Im starting small, working at home, saving and will buy a shop. I don't have a shop I can go work at, so I will be on my own. If anybody has any helpful advice, please tell me. The main things I need are: Getting the best tools, which ones and from who?, Getting the film, if I should buy from you guys 3-4 rolls a time, or if I should get the film direct, and the insider tips that you get from doing, like heatshrinking rear window. Please help me get started. Thanks

Guest alphatinter

I've been reading, and you guys all just have a smartass answer for everything, from goats to ribbed. I know what kind of tint is like the kind of girl you like, I like them all. There has to be a better tint, like llu, or solarguard, suntek. anybody use them? like and dislikes?

IMO

You can do one of two things.

#1) You can try to get a job at a tint shop that is willing to train you.

#2) You can save your money and get a business license and a tax ID#, (doesn't cost much) then sign up for a training coarse at a film supplier that is close to you, buy some film afterwards and give it a try.

All you will learn is the basics, the rest will be up to you.

The learning curve varies from person to person.

I suggest you go with #2, that way you are set up and legal, ready to go. It will take time and research, but if it is what you REALLY want to do, you may as well do it right the first time.

I've been reading, and you guys all just have a smartass answer for everything, from goats to ribbed. 

read between the smart azz lines and posts and you'll see what everyone of us use. :dunno those smart azz lines and posts are us having fun. no big deal...just fun. but we all know what each other uses. and it's because we all read the info here. :dunno

I've been reading, and you guys all just have a smartass answer for everything, from goats to ribbed.?

read between the smart azz lines and posts and you'll see what everyone of us use. :dunno those smart azz lines and posts are us having fun. no big deal...just fun. but we all know what each other uses. and it's because we all read the info here. :dunno

[*]327438

yeah, you can't get your feelings hurt, or you won't last long around here!!!!!

Hello mate, if your in the UK I can send you out one of are sample books that has a wide range of different films. soon our online store will feature a whole range of tint tools.

Billy 07799006176

Guest alphatinter

Hey thanks guys. Im in Las Vegas. No tint shop will train me, because they don't want me to take their business. I asked 3-4 shops yesterday. I went back to my home town, Needles, CA and I talked to my tint guy, that I took all my cars, and my chicks cars to, and he said that in Jan. when I get my Vacation from my job, to come down and he will train me. (For a FEE) Im going to go to the sema show, and check out all the tint, and see the people do it their own way. I will get my business started. I like llu and solarguard tint so far. I think I will use solarguard. How many cars are the single guy shops tinting a year?

Archived