Looking for Info

Guest Saphoroth

Guest Saphoroth

So, my shop is looking to get into remote starters, but we do not know which brand would be the best to go with; nor do we have the know-how on installing them (... atless not yet). Basically, I figured I'd test it out on my car first and see how it goes.

I got a Cadillac Deville '99 and we wondering if anyone could supply me with dirctions or links to hepl to install the device. Also, if ya could give me ya'll opinions on which is the best brand. Lastly, is the device able to link itself into my gas door popper and trunk?

Any advise would be great!

Thanks,

Chase

Brand? Too many to choose from. Everyone has their own favorites.

Gas/trunk pop? Any device with available channels can work just about anything that is electronically activated using relays.

If you and your crew/shop has no experience installing such items, you should REALLY invest in an experienced installer who can keep your butt out of trouble. Vehicles are not guinea pigs for someone who wants to learn. They are filled with expensive computers, sensitive electronic equipment and airbags. If you decide to go ahead with your plan, might I suggest a very large liability insurance policy. You WILL need it. When I started installing 12 volt 17 years ago, cars and trucks were nothing like they are now. There wasn't much that could go wrong. But now it is a totally different ball game.

As for the wiring info, there are many programs and books that will tell you all you need to know. Usually, 12 volt distributors have a program that they recommend and sell.

Brand?  Too many to choose from.  Everyone has their own favorites.

Gas/trunk pop?  Any device with available channels can work just about anything that is electronically activated using relays. 

If you and your crew/shop has no experience installing such items, you should REALLY invest in an experienced installer who can keep your butt out of trouble.  Vehicles are not guinea pigs for someone who wants to learn.  They are filled with expensive computers, sensitive electronic equipment and airbags.  If you decide to go ahead with your plan, might I suggest a very large liability insurance policy.  You WILL need it.  When I started installing 12 volt 17 years ago, cars and trucks were nothing like they are now.  There wasn't much that could go wrong.  But now it is a totally different ball game. 

As for the wiring info, there are many programs and books that will tell you all you need to know.  Usually, 12 volt distributors have a program that they recommend and sell.

[*]327840

:lol6 These things are not easy to install. They are totally more difficult than your common stereo installation, and they affect a lot of the computer systems in the newer cars. If you want information, or want to see the discussions of DIYers and experienced installers, and the difficulties they are having with these units on the newer cars, visit 12 Volt Info

Archived