Need Advice...

Guest bbohica

Guest bbohica

My local tint pro. carries Solar Gard HP and Quantum and SunTek Carbon.

I'm looking for a tint job that's not exceptionally dark, but has the best possible heat rejection. I'm in TX and it's hot as hell here, and my AC seems to be fading as my vehicle ages despite charging. He's suggesting something like an HP 32/13 combo, a Carbon 35/18 combo, or Quantum 37 all the way around.

I don't want my ride to look like a Limo though, and I don't know much about tint. Any advice as to how I should proceed? Any feedback on the above TINT? If there is another tint I should consider I could look into having the shop special order it for me. BTW, I'm tinting a black Rodeo.

Cheers.

From a technical perspective... the SG would serve you better long-term.

It's construction is that of a film that can stand exposure to the sun much longer. UV absorbers used to protect a film's polyester substrate and adhesive from the sun's damaging UV rays must be used in critical or strategic locations in the film's construction... SG's construction reflects this ideology.

Guest bbohica
BB  endO verH ereI tC omesA gain :spit whats the first  "B" stand for ?

[*]335531

I found the nick bohica was taken on most forums.. but bbohica wasn't.... so I just threw a B in front of it... similar to throwing a number on the end... Thanks for the feedback so far.

Guest bbohica

Can anything be done about a front window for heat rejection? Obviously, as far as glass surface area goes, the front window is more than 25% of the total vehicle's glass surface area and is a large area to address. Do people tint front windows with things like the Solar Gard NR UR Clear 90?

Looking at the Solar Gard datasheet, it looks like Quantum is just another product in the HP line. Is Quantum actually a 'different' tint construction or quality than say the HP Charcoal? I was under the impression from the shop that Quantum was a parallel product line to the HP line.

Thanks!

Guest tint rookie
Do people tint front windows with things like the Solar Gard NR UR Clear 90? 

[*]335687

winshields? not if they value their face in the event of an accident. and not if its !llegal.

front windows (aka front roll ups)? not if its !llegal. I didnt notice you loc., depends on how dark your factory glass is. even 90 over most factory glass is inthe technically !llegal range for states like arnoldfornia. a light meter will tell ya what you can get away with. and if the shop doing your work is 1/2way reputable they'll inform you of the laws, if you try to go darker than the law will allow

Can anything be done about a front window for heat rejection?? Obviously, as far as glass surface area goes, the front window is more than 25% of the total vehicle's glass surface area and is a large area to address.? Do people tint front windows with things like the Solar Gard NR UR Clear 90??

Looking at the Solar Gard datasheet, it looks like Quantum is just another product in the HP line.? Is Quantum actually a 'different' tint construction or quality than say the HP Charcoal?? I was under the impression from the shop that Quantum was a parallel product line to the HP line.

Thanks!

[*]335687

Gees... let's not split hairs over a simple decision in auto tint.

You're driving a poorly insulated, metal canister on wheels... window film will only provide comfort while driving, not sitting in the hot sun for long periods of time.

A clear film on the windshield will do nothing but waste your money... it does little for heat and a lot for Ultraviolet (UV) rejection, which by the by, the laminated windshield in your car already screens 99% UV.

HP = High Performance... one HP film can be a little more effective than another, but what is 3,4, 5 percentage points when you still have half the solar energy still coming through and more of it through the windshield.

Pick one that will look good with the color of the car... and bam, you're done!

Archived