98 Mustang Tint

Guest hogstang

if done right...it will lay done with glue.. :wall

[*]358186

Yeah, something wasn't done right when they glued it because that's the best fix for dots with using a, IMO, ghetto piece of vinyl to hide what you can't fix.

Either it wasn't shrunk properly and they tried to relying on the glue to make it stick. They should of copper scrubbed the dots prior to installs, then glued it down. The glue doesn't hold the film to the back window, the adhesive on the film does. The only thing the glue does is it keeps air from entering into the spaces between the dots and the glass, the adhesive on the film itself, if the dots were prepped, will hold the film on.

Guest willie
my secret method makes it stick perfect

[*]358181

:lol

[*]358183

will rubber cement work?

[*]358225

why do you ask?....dont you have the ultimate solution? :blah

[*]358233

dang its getting harder and harder not to break my azzhat :lol2 resolution :krazy

Guest sunbuster
Film will not stick to the dot matrix on a mustang.

Yes vinyl is normal to be installed an in my opion the best way to combat the matrix problem.

I will just automaticly put the vinyl up there because I know it wont stick

[*]358153

This will make all your rw matrixs' look better. Scuff down the dots with a chore boy (copper) or steel wool. This will lightly score the teflon coating. Drop dry the film. Viola! In very rare cases you may need a glue stick or nail polish in the corners, but this will only be noticed after a couple of weeks (scrub the dots harder next time). Keep good customer PR and tell them to bring it back because the rw may require a touch up.

People tint their cars to keep heat out. Vinyl absorbs heat. There should be enough adhesive on the film that other glues are not necessary.

DROP DRY...Push as much water as possible out of the matrix area. Peel the film down to nearly the bottom of the dots. Park car in the sun for about 30 mins. depending on heat outside. Use a heat gun to dry the area if necessary. Slowly and methodically reapply the film. it is your technique here that is crucial. Good Luck to all. You can do it. CUSTOMERS LOVE IT. Even if they don't know what "IT" is.

Archived