Your thoughts on brake lights

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

This is a pretty volatile subject, Hopefully we'll all play nice, but I wonder how many of you remove ALL brake lights? I will remove them if they come right out. But any kind of dissassembly (Back seat removal, rear deck etc.) I give the customer the option. I charge accordingly. With the prices that the Chattanooga area market will bear, I still make pretty good money, but add the time required to remove SOME lights, the profit margin drops considerably. Curiously, not many folks around here have a problem with the cutout. Some even request it. (Go Figger!! ) For the right money, I'll pull all the glass and tint the glass under water in a filtered tank!!.

20' of LLuLLu, or Solargard or what ever is the same cost at my shop or yours. SAME product. What we are selling is our expertise at putting it on, and our TIME.

There are a few H@#K shops that slash prices, but they don't really affect most of us. The market will not bear the prices some of you all get. The market is by no means "whored out" but I cannot charge a civic the same as a taurus. More time & labor involved.

Anyway, What do you all think? :wall P.S. I'm wearing my nomex boxers in anticipation of the flames :lol

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too much dissasembly can potentially lead to more headaches than it's worth for any price.  If it doesn't pop right out, it stays and I whip out the "It's !llegal to cover any of the brake lights". BS

[*]358168

price plays a big roll but a reputation is even bigger, and if you can make your job stand out from the shop down the street, youll be better off

most cars even new caddys come apart in 10 min or less, so why not put out a finished product.

I will try my best to tint behind those.

some cars like some of the civics I will charge a little more to take them apart because you have to take the whole rear out.

the way I think about it is, my name is all over this car when it leaves.

there for I want it to look good.

IMO I dont like cutting them out.

Guest tintgod

why not set your price as if you had to do the extra work..and if the customer requests that you cut around the break light..then fine...less work for you...at the same price of course :wall

some cars like some of the civics I will charge a little more to take them apart because you have to take the whole rear out.

[*]358179

....not to mention it looks gay IMHO (cut out)....especially in the darker shades. :wall

Guest tintgod

[*]358179

....not to mention it looks gay IMHO (cut out)....especially in the darker shades. :wall

[*]358184

:lol

Archived