Contamination

Guest LindsayTint

I'm sorry but I just don't get the whole vacuuming thing.  we're tinters not maids.  I've NEVER vacuumed before an install and my installs are just fine.  :lol2  I can see vacuuming after an R&R job but that's pretty much it.  :lol6

call the homeowner and tell them to vacuum the day before you go there if you want it vacuumed.  :lol2

[*]365327

whatever happened to being simple right?

all this precautious things makes you not do anything right. the more careful you are with shiat, the more shiat happens. just tint and be done with it.

Guest LindsayTint
I'm sorry but I just don't get the whole vacuuming thing.? we're tinters not maids.? I've NEVER vacuumed before an install and my installs are just fine.?  :lol2?  I can see vacuuming after an R&R job but that's pretty much it.?  :lol6

call the homeowner and tell them to vacuum the day before you go there if you want it vacuumed.?  :lol2

[*]365327

whatever happened to being simple right?

all this precautious things makes you not do anything right. the more careful you are with shiat, the more shiat happens. just tint and be done with it.

[*]365337

Im not vacuming the carpet if that is what u think hahaha The last few jobs I have done were about 12 feet off the floor with a six inch deep sill and there were lots of dead flys and alot of dust, So I used one of those hand vacs to keep any accidental contamination from occuring. I try to keep it simple most of the time, I m a perfectionist to a fault sometimes, borderline obsessive compulsive hahaha

I've been hanging window film for almost 20 years and I have never used a vacuum. That may be where the contamination problem begins. When you squegee out the water with a power squegee make sure you stay out of the edges where dirt can bleed back in. Keep it simple, dont waste time cleaning the windows when all you to do is scrape once, wipe the edges with a blue paper towel once, squegee twice and hang the film. Pay attention to detail and you will do great. :lol6

Guest LindsayTint
I've been hanging window film for almost 20 years and I have never used a vacuum. That may be where the contamination problem begins. When you squegee out the water with a power squegee make sure you stay out of the edges where dirt can bleed back in. Keep it simple, dont waste time cleaning the windows when all you to do is scrape once, wipe the edges with a blue paper towel once, squegee twice and hang the film. Pay attention to detail and you will do great. :evileye

[*]365346

In other words KEEP IT SIMPLE. Got it. Thanks for the tip!

Archived