PAINT PROTECTION FILM?

Guest signandtint

Those who get it will profit from it more than tinting because I can charge $XXXX for an 18" hood, fenders, and mirrors and spend 20 mins installing with a $XXXX profit margin. You do the math! All I can say is that each market is different and in Colorado it has been out for over ten years. It is hard to break into a new market and people tend to hizzo it out until the demand is there. Once it tis there then people raise theit prices.

I Love tinting and two doors for $--- is great but I would rather do a clear bra/PPF and time/profit is amazing. You have to take the good with the bad and average the days end.

Tint'n Todd

Sorry to nag but have you got that product code for me yet,,, greatly appreciate it ! :beer

Sorry Brett,

I've been a bit swamped in the past week and also wondering where you are getting your product code from. I looked on the box of my 18" roll and on the roll itself and all I found was the date and lot #. Let me know where you are getting the code from box/roll and where and I will be happy to check.

Thanks,

Tint'n Todd

Thanks for the info, not to worry we have only now received the new material with the same lot no as yours, this being the upgraded sgh6 film from the old 0612 , thanks once again .

how do you find the new materail behaves in comparison to the old?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive had great success with ppf. Im pretty much the only guy doing it in town. It started off really slowly, but once people started hearing about it sales increased dramatically. Plus Im in with 5 dealerships sending me steady work.

And as for the profit margin... good god... I can spend 2-3 hours doing a front end and make the same profit as tinting 4 cars!

:thumb

Guest Premier Protect
Ive had great success with ppf. Im pretty much the only guy doing it in town. It started off really slowly, but once people started hearing about it sales increased dramatically. Plus Im in with 5 dealerships sending me steady work.

And as for the profit margin... good god... I can spend 2-3 hours doing a front end and make the same profit as tinting 4 cars!

:rollin

Installing ppf is quite diffferent from window tinting. Just be sure to practice on your own car before touching a customers........could hurt you more by practicing on customers' vehicles.

Hello All

just to recap who is doing ppf in addition to tint?

:DD

Well, I did the paintsheild course 2 years ago, turned out to be a waste of time and money to be honest as theres not much call for it around my area so took on vinyl instead :whisper

I have heard from my network partner that PPF is most popular in CA. The high end auto in this state puts N.Y. at #2. Cali folks are serious with their rides.So it's not a suprise to hear how competitive the market is in that state. I sell this product also and the key is to let folks see and feel it on demo cars. Let them know they will lose their paint and that new car feeling fast if they don't clear bra the car fast. ....... Some new car dealers in my area have factory trained installers in house and are retailing a full package [nose, rockers, rear bumper] for 3x1G=? you got it. Competition is good! :lol2

:lol2

Well put dude.

Archived