A Consumer's Memoirs

Thanks to my time well spent here, this is what I can't help but notice these days: (I realized this sitting at Tim Horton's over coffee and a donut today, spotting about 15 rides with various films applied)

- I can NOW tell the difference between most dyed films and HP -from a distance

- I can tell "who" in my area did the actual work - most times (based on quality and type of film)

- Notice when a tint job is an out of towner or local, based mostly on the difference in film........I.e., top local films applied are Llumar AT Charcoal and Solargard HP Smoke (not HP Charcoal or TG), the rest are combos of Gila River, SG, and Johnson - all dyed films except the SG HP Smoke (which is subpar by my experience thus far)

- Can estimate the amount of days or weeks before the chit is soooo faded that the consumer will "actually begin to notice" :krazy that they have a blue or purple film :krazy on their "proud" little rides. :twocents

- Get ticked when I see a completely !llegal and/or blacked out ride and be pissed cuz they give reasonable and legal consumers and installers a bad reputation by bringing undue attention to the trade and art of tinting!!! :lol2

I am now forever altered! I can't just look at a tint job anymore without noticing this stuff! :DD

Being a tinter was kind of a lonely thing before this site.

No one wanted to talk to another tinter, because the only one's we knew were our competition, and non tinters didn't appreciate what we did for a living (and still don't but at least we have each other now).

I can't remember how many times someone would ask what I did for a living and when I told them they would smirk and act as if I was a burger flipper.

No one but another tinter can appreciate what we do and that is one of the best things about this place.

Guest tint rookie

its funny how your profession/hobbies alter you everyday thinking.

an orthodontist/dentist looks at everyones teeth

fashion enthusiasts look at every ones clothes, accessories, etc.

hair dressers look at every ones haircut.

I couldnt tell you how many times my old lady (who would shoot me for calling her that) has pulled me away from eye fcuking a tint job on a car parked on the same aisle in the parking lot, or when a new model comes out studying the glass' curves.

prob why we have some of the drama here. were all soo passionate about what we do.

the nature of the tinter beast.

an orthodontist/dentist looks at everyones teeth

fashion enthusiasts look at every ones clothes, accessories, etc.

hair dressers look at every ones haircut.

I couldnt tell you how many times my old lady (who would shoot me for calling her that) has pulled me away from eye fcuking a tint job on a car parked on the same aisle in the parking lot, or when a new model comes out studying the glass' curves.

prob why we have some of the drama here.? were all soo passionate about what we do.

[*]367380

Ahhh, the tint rookie, my alter ego (the part of me that tint) :DD

I has pulled me away from eye fcuking a tint job on a car parked on the same aisle in the parking lot, or when a new model comes out studying the glass' curves.

prob why we have some of the drama here.  were all soo passionate about what we do.

[*]367380

funny thought I was the only one who did that....

Archived