2002 impala

Guest stgllc82

not trying to sound negative, but I did the old caprice the other day, (which is almost identical glass) and if you are not working with film everyday you will most likely never get this window in one piece because it takes a lot of time with the film to learn all the possibilities of shaping it.  with this particular glass you may want to powder up the whole window then seperate with middle water line and shrink the top with dry method, then put water under the bottom half and wet shrink it with a white hard card.  that's the first way I learned to do that glass. now I just do it all powder and then double check it with water before trying to install it. the wet check will help you .  tint on.

[*]377063

Or learn the soap method and have the best of both worlds with that window :please

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zolar
not trying to sound negative, but I did the old caprice the other day, (which is almost identical glass) and if you are not working with film everyday you will most likely never get this window in one piece because it takes a lot of time with the film to learn all the possibilities of shaping it.  with this particular glass you may want to powder up the whole window then seperate with middle water line and shrink the top with dry method, then put water under the bottom half and wet shrink it with a white hard card.  that's the first way I learned to do that glass. now I just do it all powder and then double check it with water before trying to install it. the wet check will help you .  tint on.

[*]377063

Or learn the soap method and have the best of both worlds with that window :lol2

[*]377083

bingo wiz :hmmm:hmmm:dunno

and no wet check required :coffee

Guest stgllc82

ok I bought some 30 inch film and I think I gonna do the soap m*th. another thing I noticed on the film was I used the blue max 5 inch and when over it 2 times up down and side to side and I could still see water, so I cut an extra blue max down to 3 inches I dont want any bubbles later on. so ill see wat happenes I figure this is the last time im doing this window.

Guest tintman330

I dont even heat shrink it. I just cut it one piece and apply it. the once inside I shrink the few fingers on the top inside. if any fingers appear on sides I cut along defogger lines slightly near fingers and and apply light heat on outside to lay it down :gasp

Archived