2002 impala

Guest stgllc82

Guest imfear44

dont have to heat shrink or two piece the window, put the film on the window while you squeegee the water out pull the film to the corners then cut your pattern. by doing this you can see which way you need to stretch the film while you squeegee it on the inside, so put it on anchor in middle squeegee outwards with one hand and pull with the other towards corners, there you go one piece no shrinking or splicing

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest IBtintn

yea if you put that on in two pieces there really should not be that much film to shrink on either piece.. and with the way madico shrinks and 9 years in the field you should really have had no problem.. :lol6 saying that, maybe thats just a misprint in your profile... anyway that car is really pretty easy.. just keep practicing and youll get it.. it sounds like the way your anchoring your film could be the problem..

Guest Sprinter
I figured you would know this after 9 years of experience

[*]374654

Kinda what I was thinking.... :gasp

[*]374667

ha, we were all thinking the same thing....................:lol

Guest stgllc82

the problem is not learning how to tint, I just started the shrinking method. always did the 2 or 3 peice the old skool way. im not a full time tinter I only tint about 3 to 4 cars a yr. depends on how busy I am.

Guest sendjoshg

not trying to sound negative, but I did the old caprice the other day, (which is almost identical glass) and if you are not working with film everyday you will most likely never get this window in one piece because it takes a lot of time with the film to learn all the possibilities of shaping it. with this particular glass you may want to powder up the whole window then seperate with middle water line and shrink the top with dry method, then put water under the bottom half and wet shrink it with a white hard card. that's the first way I learned to do that glass. now I just do it all powder and then double check it with water before trying to install it. the wet check will help you . tint on.

Archived