ALITTLE HELP PLEASE

Guest Eclipseohio

Guest Eclipseohio

:bingo HEY GUYS ALITTLE HELP PLEASE. I AM GETTING A 40' PLOTTER NEXT WEEK AND I KNOW IT WILL CUT CLEARSHIELD OR VENTURE I HAVE DONE A LITTLE CLEARSHIELD IT WAS PRETTY DIFFICULT, BUT IT HAS BEEN A YEAR OR SO. I HEARD VENTURE IS MUCH EASIER BECAUSE NO HARD COAT. WHICH SHOULD I USE? SHOULD I USE VENTURE OR JUST STICK IT OUT AND MASTER CLEARSHIELD? I HAVE BEEN TINTING FOR ALMOST 9 YRS SO THE PLOTTER IS MOSTLY FOR GRAPHICS AND PPF. ALSO HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE FOR AN EXPERCIENCED TINTER TO GET GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE DEALER WORK DOING PPF? THANK YOU GUYS

www.eclipseoh.com

Rick ECLIPSE WINDOW TINTING CINCINNATI OHIO

513-821-5008

I ALSO HAVE A GREAT DEAL ON SOLAR GARD FILMS IF ANYONE IS LOOKING

I have used both of those venture from what I have found needs to be waxed regularly, or else it can get a silver look, and almot an oxidised feal to it.

clear shield is a little harder to work with, but has a very nice look to it.

mmm is releasing a "new formula" PPF and I am wanting to try it, its suposed to be easier to stretch, and I like the clear coat mmm uses.

but get partial rolls and try them all.

Guest ShadyKat

How are you installing ClearShield? I use a little slip solution for placement then I use my jiffy steamer and a Mactac when I am ready to secure the film and that?s it. The hot moist steam really makes the film pliable and easy to handle. With that said, I have only used ClearSheild but in truth I have found the installs pretty easy so I have not really needed or wanted to try anything else. Maybe I should, but I am from the school of thought, if it isn?t broke don?t fix it. :bingo:dunno

Guest swanny

You should consider the area you live in how are the winters a lot of salt and sand on the road .

If I lived in an area where the weather is harsh I would go with a top coated film

the only two film would be 3m or avery .

You do know that most customer wont take proper care of the film so non top coated film will look bad after one winter .

I would go on 3m website and find a sale rep in your area get a sample

also you can call mike at pro-tect films and he can give you the skinny on avery films

top coated and non top coated.

me personal I would go with avery top coated film

I have been informed it installas just as easy as non top coated.

:rollin

Guest Ryan_78
:please  HEY GUYS ALITTLE HELP PLEASE.  I AM GETTING A 40' PLOTTER NEXT WEEK AND I KNOW IT WILL CUT CLEARSHIELD OR VENTURE I HAVE DONE A LITTLE CLEARSHIELD IT WAS PRETTY DIFFICULT, BUT IT HAS BEEN A YEAR OR SO. I HEARD VENTURE IS MUCH EASIER BECAUSE NO HARD COAT.  WHICH SHOULD I USE? SHOULD I USE VENTURE OR JUST STICK IT OUT AND MASTER CLEARSHIELD? I HAVE BEEN TINTING FOR ALMOST 9 YRS SO THE PLOTTER IS MOSTLY FOR GRAPHICS AND PPF.  ALSO HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE FOR AN EXPERCIENCED TINTER TO GET GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE DEALER WORK DOING PPF? THANK YOU GUYS

www.eclipseoh.com

Rick  ECLIPSE WINDOW TINTING CINCINNATI  OHIO

513-821-5008

I ALSO HAVE A GREAT DEAL ON SOLAR GARD FILMS IF ANYONE IS LOOKING

[*]377506

I'VE BEEN WORKING WITH THE VENTURE FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW IT INSTALLS MUCH EASIER THAN THE MMM I'M NOT TO THRILLED WITH THERE PATTERNS THOUGH I JUST GOT A SAMPLE OF CLEARSHIELD THIS WEEK BUT HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO TRY IT YET

How are you installing ClearShield? I use a little slip solution for placement then I use my jiffy steamer and a Mactac when I am ready to secure the film and that?s it. The hot moist steam really makes the film pliable and easy to handle. With that said, I have only used ClearSheild but in truth I have found the installs pretty easy so I have not really needed or wanted to try anything else. Maybe I should, but I am from the school of thought, if it isn?t broke don?t fix it.  :inot  :hmmm

[*]377667

I would sugest to ditch the mactac, I used to use it and found it would leave small scratches, I use the yellow turbo, the softer one, or the white max. and the steamer is great for stretching the film,

I liked the clearshield film, and the cc kits were great, I just hated offering the same stuff that 2 other shops had.

Archived