Comments on Sun Gard???

The Sun Gard Elite would be their flat glass line. Similar to ceramics. I havn't used that in 4 years, but I used to put a lot of that stuff up. Can't stand that adhesive, and I've seen much better optical clairity, but other than that, it seemed alright. I'd watch the absorbtion rate with that film as there was a bit of glass breakage...

I have had few issues with any sun-gard flat glass film in 8 years, but just switched to llumar ATR CH for my auto needs. I will not look back in that. I had to re-do a 2004 Honda Civic back glass today that I tinted in January of 2004. The car had been kept in a garage for 1.5 years and only driven to car shows. It had a life outside for 8 months in New York recently, and had some seriously nasty adhesive failure.

I have been having several come back from the last 2 to 3 years.....

I had been using the Perform-x Slate.....

I had lots of issues other than just the recent adhesive failures.....

Guest tintguy7

I tried it several years ago. had several 20", 24", 36" rolls delivered, started to put it on cars, and off the start, while I was squeeging, the hard coat was flaking already! and it was like that on all the rolls. called howard up(at that time) and he said he'll replace them. he did and guess what, all the replaement film he sent was also bad. so I called him back, and told him the problem is stil there, and so he said he'll refund me my purchase. I received my check, which I was greatful for, and asked him if he wants the film back. he said NO! he ddn't want any of the film he sent from the 1st order to thelast one back.then a few months later I got a flyer from global with howards sgnature. :wall just my experience :beer

Archived