Contamination

Guest cherasia

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cherasia
when I first started I had problems with these types of windows I rememeber on one job we taped off all the frames with blue tape, but be sure to use the tape that is 14day release or longer, the adhesive is not as aggressive and wont pull off the varnish.

Thanks Voitron,

I used the blue tape last time but the varnish is so flaky it wouldn't stick at all. These frames are BAD! And if they don't get them re-finished soon, they'll be looking at dry-rot problems and probably need to replace all the windows. Old house, original windows, very nice... it's going to be a shame if they don't throw some money at the frame problem.

Shauna

Guest vclimber
Thanks Voitron,

I used the blue tape last time but the varnish is so flaky it wouldn't stick at all. These frames are BAD! And if they don't get them re-finished soon, they'll be looking at dry-rot problems and probably need to replace all the windows. Old house, original windows, very nice... it's going to be a shame if they don't throw some money at the frame problem.

Shauna

Now there is a good rule of thumb. You know you'd better runaway when the frames are so bad that tape won't even stick to them. :beer

Archived