Mdizzle Soap Method

I HAVE TO STAY I DO THE SOAP METHOD AND I USUALLY IN THE PAST HAVE NOT WET CHECK BUT I DO GET A FINGURE OR TWO WHEN I PUT IT IN ...NOW I STARTED TO WET CHECK ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND NO FINGURES (((NOW I ALSO HAVE TO SAY WHEN I HAVE NOT WET CHECK THE FILM ALWAYS IS FLAT ON THE GLASS SMOOTHED WITH A WHITE CARD AND I WOULD STILL GET FINGURS ...SOOO NOW I WET CHECK

So now since you couldn't do it right, instead of just shrinking the film right the first time and finding the area's that just needed a little more shrink, you decided to add an entire step to your install process and start wet checking all your work?

Yeah, that's using your brain. :drunk

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ECANDSOUND

dont so much wet check just pop up the corners and force a little fingure and shrink it down and it has helped alot .....like I said to ...when im done shinking the tint it always completely flat on the glass but I woudl still git some little guys popin up

I HAVE TO STAY I DO THE SOAP METHOD AND I USUALLY IN THE PAST HAVE NOT WET CHECK BUT I DO GET A FINGURE OR TWO WHEN I PUT IT IN ...NOW I STARTED TO WET CHECK ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND NO FINGURES (((NOW I ALSO HAVE TO SAY WHEN I HAVE NOT WET CHECK THE FILM ALWAYS IS FLAT ON THE GLASS SMOOTHED WITH A WHITE CARD AND I WOULD STILL GET FINGURS ...SOOO NOW I WET CHECK

This is kinda where I was comming from with the install not laying flat but recently I think its more about the slip being to soapy :beer I think. I use the mdog and a teflon card now and it seems to work better but I was wet checking also. What a pain and it takes so much longer.

Guest deanjones

It takes me a total of 5 extra minutes to wet check a back window and shrink down any remaining small fingers left over.

It would probably take me a total of 5 minutes per finger and a boat load of frustration if I had a finger pop up at the bottom of a window that was a very tight fit.

I say :dunno on the wet check!

Guest Sprinter
Wet check is what? checking the film to make sure it is smooth enough on the glass? tight enough on the glass.

wet check is done after you've shrunk the film out you lift it up and spray your solution under it squegee it all out and then cut your final pattern out and then see whats what with a finger or not and then do like you would if you were doing a side window with wet shrinking it. that will finalize your film now ready to install it. wet checking might take 60 seconds to do.

Archived