New User, visited this site for years

I'M A NEW USER ON HERE, BUT CHECK THE BLOGS CONSTANTLY FOR A NEW TRICK OR TIP NOW AND THEN. I GOTTA BE HONEST, I LIKE TINTING AND DONE IT FOR YEARS, BUT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGHT MYSELF OUT OF THE AUTO AND INTO FLAT :thumb . DONE SOME RES AND COMMERCIAL, BUT I GET SOOOO TRAPPED ON DOING THE FREAKIN CARS, I CAN'T SEEN TO CLOSE ENOUGH FLAT GLASS TO GIVE ME A BREAK ON AUTO AND MAKE MORE MONEY AND GIVE ME A CHANGE OF PACE. ANY ONE HAVE TRICKS FOR ADVERTISING OR TECHNIQUES TO CLOSE MORE FLAT GLASS JOBS? NEED A BREAK FROM THE AUTOS, GETTING REDUNDANT..... :thumb

Guest haroldshouseoftint

WHAT DID YOU SAY?

:thumb easy on the caps lock there mang

:thumb to the board, learn alot about film and educate your customers on your abilities and why they should choose you over a competitor.

Sell yourself not film but know enough about all the films out there that you can answer questions if need be :thumb

Guest steveziv

As I've previously shown, I know nothing about tinting but I do know a little about sales, so I'll offer some suggestions that may or may not apply.

1. ABC (always be closing), don't be shy; tell them you want the work and ask for the order.

2. Do you provide a quote and hope they'll call? Better to provide a quote and presume you have the order by breaking out your calendar and asking when they want the work done.

3. Ask a lot of questions. Are they getting other prices? When will they decide? Who will decide? When do they want the work done?

4. Use tools: samples, photos of past jobs, refernces, product literature. Teach your customer about your product and your service and they will feel indebted to you.

5. Do your homework. Go to the library and pick up a couple books on sales. While some people are born salesman, anyone can learn to follow a few logical procedures (steps) that will lead to more sales. Its a learned skill, just like window tinting.

Now I'll step back and let someone who has actually sold a tint job tell you how its done!

Didn't notice the caps, till you mentioned it, a little too much :thumb , I've just found myself quoting more jobs and rambling about specs and facts about what it can do, and once they hear the price, they are worrying about paying their next electric bill rather than fork over a grand for tint. Need a closer, someone told me to get a BTU meter and show the energy penetration,and should be an easy sale. Hope so, could use the break from the #*(ng cars.

Guest vclimber
As I've previously shown, I know nothing about tinting but I do know a little about sales, so I'll offer some suggestions that may or may not apply.

1. ABC (always be closing), don't be shy; tell them you want the work and ask for the order.

2. Do you provide a quote and hope they'll call? Better to provide a quote and presume you have the order by breaking out your calendar and asking when they want the work done.

3. Ask a lot of questions. Are they getting other prices? When will they decide? Who will decide? When do they want the work done?

4. Use tools: samples, photos of past jobs, refernces, product literature. Teach your customer about your product and your service and they will feel indebted to you.

5. Do your homework. Go to the library and pick up a couple books on sales. While some people are born salesman, anyone can learn to follow a few logical procedures (steps) that will lead to more sales. Its a learned skill, just like window tinting.

Now I'll step back and let someone who has actually sold a tint job tell you how its done!

Nice tips. :thumb

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:thumb I would say that pretty much sums it up 1,2, and 4 are the best ones

Just :lol2 at the caps lock, almost every new person that comes on here does the same thing :thumb :thumb

#1 tip: look very presentable. they usually know right away if theyre gonna go with you after opening the door if theyre shopping around. theyre gonna compare appearances and personalities before pricing unless youre way off the range

however if its a referral youre usually in there

Makes sense, doesn't help when I try to tuck my shirt in and mash my hair down after I've tinted 5 or 6 cars, hoping to look presentable. maybe try a shower before the appt huh....? :thumb

great advice guys, thanks.. The only other prob is finding the time to market and advertise.

Archived