"Box Star" on tintwizardinc.com

Guest FilmBlazer

I have always wondered about these film handlers, but I use mostly 72" film... Do any manufacturer's make them in 72" ?

FB

Guest naughtydog

If the filmstar is the expensive one - he does not make them any more as a standard offering - he will build one to order though.

I saw a guy use one at the tint-off a couple years ago, pretty bad ass, cuts the tint while it pulls the liner off....lay it in front of the window and pull up and slap it on, very cool, I don't do enough flatglass to justify one yet, they were a bit pricey when I checked them out.

Guest 27tint4

I've used the filmstar extensively over the last decade. once you master the operation of this amazing device...nobody can hang with you. (period) example: Legacy Tower, downtown Denver CO. 25 story building. 1500 sq. ft. glass area per floor. 29 working days...done! (and it was in the dead of winter)

I've never understood why this machine didn't catch on.

Archived