Exterior Silver 20

Helped out on a job where the guys installed Ext silver 20, large pains approx 5 ft x 6ft.

The guys made it look so easy and I was surprised how clean the install was.

When I asked if they were going to seal the edges they looked at me as if I was daft. Said they have always done it this way and NEVER EVER sealed the edges.

Said the only problems they have had is weather conditions, maybe too windy to install on outside or it rains later that day or the following day before the film has had a chance to dry and end up getting fingers at the edge drawing in schit and ruinning the pane.

I have been told by some suppliers you MUST SEAL the edge !

What would the majority of you experienced guy's do?

Bob

Guest Dr.Window

Seal them every time if possible!

What I usually do in case there are rubbers, I just remove them and put the film to the edge and then aplly the rubbers again! Makes it perfect and sealled!

Guest dalabaty

In the past I have sealed the edges of film, but usaually bid it in as extra. On exterior film the manufactor should cover it if it fails. But it some situations like the silver film I would always seal so I wouldn't have to go back. :thumb

Archived