formula 1

Guest vclimber
Never tried the stuff but I asked my Llumar rep about carrying the Pinnacle and he told me that in order for me to carry Formula 1 Pinnacle, I will have to only use Llumar window films for over a year and then they will consider selling me the Formula 1 film. I had to get rid of all the other brands of film that Llumar has comparable with.

Being in the business for over 18+ years and authorized dealer for Huper Optik ceramic and V-Kool as well as pretty much every other major film, I was insulted and thus will not carry the Formula 1 film. If their film is that good, why are they afraid of a little competition from the other films that I carry at my shop? :spit

Sounds like you have been doing just find without it. Why switch? :shock

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Litespeeds
Sounds like you have been doing just find without it. Why switch? :nope

Because you never know when you get a customer who wants that specific film. I guess you can't make everyone happy. :beer

Guest vclimber
Because you never know when you get a customer who wants that specific film. I guess you can't make everyone happy. :nope

You are already carrying some great films. I think you'll make most people happy. :beer

Not surprisingly there are always opinions across the board. For what it's worth here's mine:

FormulaOne has terrific car films. The Pinnacle ceramic films are superior and particularly interesting to luxury cars or folks who use Bluetooth, GPS etc. Certainly there is a price premium but that is par for the course.

The FormulaOne Brand however is the key and it's a marketing advantage to be one of only a few in town that carry this product line. Let's concede ( just for this board) that the film is equal to the rest of the car tint out there. If everyone has the same product it becomes (is!) a commodity. In the FormulaOne case the dealer can ask for a premium price and point out that they are one of only a few F1 dealers. Like the Marines used to advertise. .

Now. .if the FormulaOne folks expect a strong degree of loyalty because they have limited their coverage to these few dealers the other side of that equation ; the dealer drops the "other films" seems quite fair.

As for the Classic. .this film is simply a lost leader. It enables an F1 dealer to get the price worried consumer to come into the shop and allow the quick upsell. That works 90% of the time.

In my opinion if you have the opportunity to become a FormulaOne dealer - -do it!

Check out their Cooldown 07 Promo http://www.formulaone.com/cooldown/

Obviously like everything else in life. .to each his own!

Not surprisingly there are always opinions across the board. For what it's worth here's mine:

FormulaOne has terrific car films. The Pinnacle ceramic films are superior and particularly interesting to luxury cars or folks who use Bluetooth, GPS etc. Certainly there is a price premium but that is par for the course.

The FormulaOne Brand however is the key and it's a marketing advantage to be one of only a few in town that carry this product line. Let's concede ( just for this board) that the film is equal to the rest of the car tint out there. If everyone has the same product it becomes (is!) a commodity. In the FormulaOne case the dealer can ask for a premium price and point out that they are one of only a few F1 dealers. Like the Marines used to advertise. .

Now. .if the FormulaOne folks expect a strong degree of loyalty because they have limited their coverage to these few dealers the other side of that equation ; the dealer drops the "other films" seems quite fair.

As for the Classic. .this film is simply a lost leader. It enables an F1 dealer to get the price worried consumer to come into the shop and allow the quick upsell. That works 90% of the time.

In my opinion if you have the opportunity to become a FormulaOne dealer - -do it!

Are you a rep or not :beer

Guest vclimber

It's a great program but as you said, not everyone can have it because it is not designed for everyone. Kind of unusual for CP because they have to set up a bazillion Llumar Dealers and even quite a few Vista Dealers, but like Vista, it started a niche model that has been duplicated which is a high compliment. :tantrum

One thing I appreciate about F1 is that the criteria and design for a shop was planned to make women feel as comfortable as possible when shopping which doesn't always happen in the automotive industry.

Archived