Metalized Films No More???

I had started using Suntek Carbon because one of my local distributers had some in stock. I love the stuff, but... HP is just a hair cheaper, not just with Suntek, but with other manufactuerer's. I was told that most films are going to be coming ceramic, carbon, supreme and so forth because metalized films will soon be gone. Evidently, many newer vehicles have tire pressure regulators controlled my the vehicles BCM's. These status is broadcasted via RF to the vehicles computer. Now,... Many of us know the issues with metalized films and RF reception, so is it true that Metalized films will no longer be DOT approved in the U.S.? :hmmm

Just asking because this will force a price increase on most films. Any feedback or suggestions on this? I haven''t researched it enough yet and just thought I would shoot this out... What do ya'll think?

:hmmm

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Justin Sralla

The reason why I ask is because I would like to know if you could actually feel any difference in heat rejection between the “HP” and the Carbon after the installation.

Guest mhun9180

The Suntek guy over here told me the carbon only rejects low 30's in terms of heat, even though their product card says 42%. He said the numbers were wrong and were in the process of being "re-tested". :hmmm

Guest Justin Sralla

This is what they claim on there website.

High Performance Series

HP5 (charcoal) 5% 58%

HP15 (charcoal) 15% 56%

HP20 (charcoal) 22% 54%

HP30 (charcoal) 30% 51%

HP35 (charcoal) 38% 49%

HP50 (charcoal) 52% 35%

Carbon Series

Carbon5 6% 46%

Carbon18 18% 44%

Carbon35 35% 42%

Carbon45 43% 40%

Carbon70 70% 25%

Guest mhun9180

I've seen the numbers, I'm just passing on what the guy told me, and he works direct for the factory in Martinsville. He's out here setting up a distribution centre.

Over here, you can't quote your specs without stating how they were tested and on what substrate. When I took him to task he admitted the figures were "incorrect" and they will be re publishing the specs at 30 something. No way a dyed polyester (oh I mean carbon, coff, coff) can block 42%, I don't care who you are. And yes, he admitted it was a standard two ply dyed film. :hmmm

Guest Justin Sralla
I've seen the numbers, I'm just passing on what the guy told me, and he works direct for the factory in Martinsville. He's out here setting up a distribution centre.

Over here, you can't quote your specs without stating how they were tested and on what substrate. When I took him to task he admitted the figures were "incorrect" and they will be re publishing the specs at 30 something. No way a dyed polyester (oh I mean carbon, coff, coff) can block 42%, I don't care who you are. And yes, he admitted it was a standard two ply dyed film. :beer

Alans a good guy, IMO the best they have. Next time you talk to him tell em "Jay Johnson from Houston sends his regards" :eyebrows

Heres Johnsons Graystone

GSN 50 charcoal 48% 35%

GSN 40 charcoal 39% 36%

GSN 30 charcoal 31% 37%

GSN 20 charcoal 18% 42%

GSN 10 charcoal 10% 42%

Archived