Metalized Films No More???

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Justin Sralla

Hybrid auto films have been branded with the "High Performance" name and they no longer are with todays technology. Does a hybrid film out perform the all metals and ceramics? Do they block that much more heat then the 1.5 mil cs/dyed films? Can you really feel the differance between heat rejection between a hybrid 35 and a 1.5 mil cs/dyed 35?

Guest mhun9180
Hybrid auto films have been branded with the "High Performance" name and they no longer are with todays technology. Does a hybrid film out perform the all metals and ceramics? Do they block that much more heat then the 1.5 mil cs/dyed films? Can you really feel the differance between heat rejection between a hybrid 35 and a 1.5 mil cs/dyed 35?

You sure can feel the difference. I went from a HP (Silhouete), to a dyed (Greystone) on my car and , yeah, it's hot as a biatch now. I think I'm gonna put a ceramic over it. :eyebrows:beer

Guest Justin Sralla

HP35 (charcoal) 38% 49% / Carbon35 35% 42%

I don't think any consumer can feel the difference between 42% & 49% heat rejection. Keep in mind these numbers block what heats coming through the glass. They don't block 42% & 49% off all the heat coming into the car. The 7% difference in heat rejection wont be feeling so cool after some of the 3 grand of electronic add ons are interfered with over a $--- tint job. In most cased, when electronic components are interfered with the installer will never hear about it because the consumer would never even think the film could of caused it.

Guest UVLevel9

For heat rejection ceramic is the way to go..even with our films there is only a slight difference in price, heat rejection, and absorbtion between the HP and dyed film. A ceramic film with a 30 vlt will get back to old school $250-$300 tint jobs, but who wants to pay that anymore with $99 being down the street. The consumer needs the eduacation not the shop owner.....

Guest Justin Sralla
. The consumer needs the eduacation not the shop owner.....

How is the consumer going to be educated on this information if the shop owner isn't knowledgeable enough to pass it along to them?

Guest Justin Sralla

Cmon man. Its the distributors job to pass on the information to the automotive end user? When someone walks into your dealers auto shop and your in the office, how do you do it Superman? How is your dealer going to up sell them to your ceramic 30 if your not there man? :eyebrows

Guest UVLevel9

Thats what I mean....The education of the shop owner to upsell to the ceramic or IR film lines. Or Justin you could do a late night infomercial on the differences between all the films to educate the consumer :eyebrows:beer:lol2

Archived