Metalized Films No More???

Metalized films are going to stay but why use a Metalized film with all the problems you will have with GPS AM, so on!

If you are looking for a great film even better then ceramic (better price also) try out Wincos its new only a month or so old. it has 92% IR heat rejection ya thats right 92% dam thats good!! :evilgrin

comes in 20 30 and 60 % transmitted light.

:dunno

wow

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Metalized films are going to stay but why use a Metalized film with all the problems you will have with GPS AM, so on!

If you are looking for a great film even better then ceramic (better price also) try out Wincos its new only a month or so old. it has 92% IR heat rejection ya thats right 92% dam thats good!! :evilgrin

comes in 20 30 and 60 % transmitted light.

:dunno

Dude I was giving props to his reccomendations on the pricing and the dealer repurcussions if they didnt stick to it. Plus you've been to my part of the country.90% of my work doesnt have GPs or any of that fancy smancy stuff as an option. My biggest dealer contract calls for HP :lol

Cheap dye, color stable dye, metal, cerm, IR....Bottom line stock them all. There is a client for everyone of them....most daily drivers customers have more brains than money, so they want cerm but only have less than a $d200. High end have more flexibility $$$ so sales skills warrant better films. :evilgrin

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Cheap dye, color stable dye, metal, cerm, IR....Bottom line stock them all. There is a client for everyone of them....most daily drivers customers have more brains than money, so they want cerm but only have less than a $d200. High end have more flexibility $$$ so sales skills warrant better films. :evilgrin

:dunno hit the nail on the head, I couldn't agree more there Lorenzo :lol:lol

I don't see an issue with metalized film :evilgrin I had one car come back with static with his am station, one out of thousands doesn't seem like a reason to get rid of metal films for ceramic or dyed films. I have people worry it's going to cause a problem because they read it on his site, so they ask for dyed film, most of the time I talk them out of it and there relieved to know it didn't cause a problem with any electronics :dunno I love when customers act like the expert cause they read it on tintdude :lol:lol

I think if the film would cause a problem it should be seen as a manufacture defect, with all the metal in and around cars the gps should not be affected with window film :lol2 I actually think it has more to do with selling a product and causing a panic :lol

I don't see an issue with metalized film :beer I had one car come back with static with his am station, one out of thousands doesn't seem like a reason to get rid of metal films for ceramic or dyed films. I have people worry it's going to cause a problem because they read it on his site, so they ask for dyed film, most of the time I talk them out of it and there relieved to know it didn't cause a problem with any electronics :krazy I love when customers act like the expert cause they read it on tintdude :beer:confuse

I think if the film would cause a problem it should be seen as a manufacture defect, with all the metal in and around cars the gps should not be affected with window film :beer I actually think it has more to do with selling a product and causing a panic :confuse

Metal films get slammed on many mid to high end auto forums... that 1 out of 4 calllers are are double checking to make sure your not down with it...... over 40,000 Ac/world peps have read one tint sticky that was very tint informative.

I don't see an issue with metalized film :beer I had one car come back with static with his am station, one out of thousands doesn't seem like a reason to get rid of metal films for ceramic or dyed films. I have people worry it's going to cause a problem because they read it on his site, so they ask for dyed film, most of the time I talk them out of it and there relieved to know it didn't cause a problem with any electronics :krazy I love when customers act like the expert cause they read it on tintdude :beer:confuse

I think if the film would cause a problem it should be seen as a manufacture defect, with all the metal in and around cars the gps should not be affected with window film :beer I actually think it has more to do with selling a product and causing a panic :confuse

You must be kidding right? It is not a y2k scare, it is an actual problem that some cars have! I am sure half of the cars we know as bad am reception cars, are known because a customer called complaining. I learned of the 300c and the kia optima that way.

Reception was not the main issue I was worried about. Mostly the new regulations for DOT "claim" that metalized films will interfere with TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS. Evidently many of the 08, 2009 vehicles will have a more efficient fuel burn with correct tire pressure. They are beginning to fill tires with NO2... And the Vehicle's BCM, ECM, etc... monitors the correct pressure via RF from the outside of the vehicle. I was curious because it makes sense that metalized films were going to be faded out due to new DOT regulations. :confuse ,

Now ya'll, I'm basically trying to clarify what the distributer was trying to tell me. I don't know whether this will happen or not, simply just wanted to see if anyone has heard of this. I beleived it because it makes sense, but it could just be pure :confuse .

Any word on this? :beer

Archived