If you are a business that does gift certificates

expiration date works the best. screw losing 5.00 per car. give them 2 months, let them know it expires in 2 months. if they dont come in, you just got free money

If you read the post, it's not to replace an expiration date. Only 2 months seems a little harsh for an expiration to a customer when most tinters would give at least a yr I bet if you took a poll :lol6 It works for you , then this is good :krazy

No worries, this method is not for you then :gasp ..enjoy your free money :dunno

I ahave exp on mine 60days from date of issue. I'd rather they waited until summer to get it done instead of the slow months that way I don't have to use film only for paying customer.

This is the very reason why paying yourself when you actually DO the work is a great method..gets out of any negative feeling when you get your certificate calls ..If you have no downsides in your mind when a certificate calls in , then your present method works :lol6

Guest tintguy7

great idea tw! just a little info here in the 808 state on gift certificates. I spoke to the bbb and they told me if I "sell" a gift certificate, the gc is good for a minimun of 1yr from the date of purchase even though you write on the gc 60 or 90 days.then if the customer dont ever show up, we were told that the dollar amount was to be turned over the state and they have a depatment that holds these money that if the customer calls you for an appointment, you can simply tell them that you returned the $$$ to the state and the state will return the $$$ back to customer. this was just pertaining to our situation on selling gc for our type of business. :krazy so ther are no freebees! :lol6

Guest tintgod
great idea tw! just a little info here in the 808 state on gift certificates. I spoke to the bbb and they told me if I "sell" a gift certificate, the gc is good for a minimun of 1yr from the date of purchase even though you write on the gc 60 or 90 days.then if the customer dont ever show up, we were told that the dollar amount was to be turned over the state and they have a depatment that holds these money that if the customer calls you for an appointment, you can simply tell them that you returned the $$$ to the state and the state will return the $$$ back to customer. this was just pertaining to our situation on selling gc for our type of business. :dunno so ther are no freebees! :krazy

im not saying you are wrong..but that is bull :gasp...if you have ever gotten one of those visa gift cards...and you dont use it by the end on the expiration date..you can kiss your money good by...you are getting any of your money back...but they do have a butt load of fine print on those things ..so im sure they are getting away with taking your money some how...cuz im sure the done send your left over money back to the original buyer if the call and ask for it.. :lol6

Guest Key West
expiration date works the best. screw losing 5.00 per car. give them 2 months, let them know it expires in 2 months. if they dont come in, you just got free money

2 months is a bit too soon for a certificate to expire. I am still looking into the legalities, as I'm not sure exactly how long a business has to legally honor them (I asked this in another post/thread) I have them expire in one year. After that, no refund. Thats a good tip. Give them incentive to get it done early. I'd rather lose 5.00 in the winter than book a slot for another paying custy in the summer! :dunno I get pissed as hell every time I have to turn away an easy car because I have a Gift cert, or a warranty issue, or a PITA car in the bay. :lol2:lol2

giving two months would just create problems and a possible loss of a customer and many more after that. I would rather have a good customer that might send me more customers that to have some free money and lose ten possible customers. 1 year would seemmore understandable where the customer can see that it expires I year from the purchase date because they must be buying it for someone who needs their windows tinted. I do like the idea of having a bonus on it so it gets redeemed quicker. when customer see FREE theu usually are quick to jump on it, especially on a care packet. :dunno

Archived