got popped over weekend

so I was leaving my buddies shop in a po dunk town 35 miles away that I tint in on saturdays. when I left I was popped by a k-9 unit of all things for ILLEGAL TINT. im not shocked since it metered at 15% and state legal is 50%. it just sucks because its been on for 8 years. oh well time for some legal f1. best part was all the windows on his cruiser were tinted and only the rears are legal to be dark

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was using the tint as an excuse to pull you over...hoping you had dr*gs and such on board, once he found out you were legit, he had no other choice then to give you a ticket for it. Don't give them an excuse to pull you over...keep it legal bro!

thats good advice coming from someone who just announced tinting illegal! :beer

If you read your state tint law most likely there will be a clause that exempts law enforcement vehicles.

thats the case in my state

K9 units are dark because of the dog! Keeps it comfortable for the animal.

Dogs need comfort too! :beer

:beer Funny how some tint laws put a dogs comfort ahead of the comfort of our families! :beer

I didn't see anywhere in the original post about a law enforcement vehicle being tinted. the dude had illegal tint and got busted by a K-9 unit. keep your vehicle legal and you won't get busted for it. simple as that.

as far as law enforcement vehicles go, they are exempt so why worry about it. my problem with it is the hypocrytical pig that has illegal tint and busts people for theirs.

Guest darkdan
I didn't see anywhere in the original post about a law enforcement vehicle being tinted.
best part was all the windows on his cruiser were tinted and only the rears are legal to be dark

Archived