got popped over weekend

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was using the tint as an excuse to pull you over...hoping you had dr*gs and such on board, once he found out you were legit, he had no other choice then to give you a ticket for it. Don't give them an excuse to pull you over...keep it legal bro!

If he is profiling it doesn't matter if the tint is legal or not. All he has to do is say he thought it was illegal, and it's good stop. Any window tint period will get you pulled over in that instance. The cops LOVE tint in my area. It's a free pass for them to pull someone over. It's impossible to argue the officers perception of being legal/illegal in a court a law, and it gets shot down every time.

Not to try to argue--I have been there and done that---I have a medical exemption and went to CA. to visit--was stopped by the CHP. After some discussion he asked his supervisor to come to the location---he did and the supervisor and I agreed that even tho I am from out of state, with a medex and visiting for less than 30 days--I am not considered a resident therefore the tix would not be valid unless I stay there for longer than 30 days; then we have a problem. I was given a warning tix that says can't be in the state longer than 30 days..Be safe

In Alabama there is a medical exemption but it is only good for 20% were everbody else can only have 32%. We were one of the last states to enact a law. Our law went into effect in 1996 and in all my years of tinting I have yet to actually see a medical exemption waiver.

Archived