Best wax type (not brand) for consumers to use?

Guest darkdan

Guest darkdan

I've heard carnauba wax is good. I've heard carnauba wax is bad. I've heard the same about cleaner waxes. So far the new "synthetic" waxes haven't had time to develop a bad reputation.

What's the best type of wax for consumers to use to help maintain their PPF (even though we've established that wax or no wax, garage or no garage, etc etc etc will still not prevent it from wearing out)?

Guest Sidewinder

Had a customer use rejex (sp) before the install and it went down real nice. Then he used it over and over (whole car), I think he feels his car is one of his kids... Both the 3m and the rest of the car look great! I would go synth

fm one of the sites selling it

Can RejeX be used on the 3M Paint Protection Clear Film products?

Yes. The Scotchgard™ films are very good for protecting paint from road debris and small rocks that can chip paint, but bugs and other road grime are still difficult to clean off the material. RejeX makes the cleanup process much easier.

Good question; I know that some waxes (Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax) for example say to keep it off vinyl but VentureShield says it is safe to use any wax or cleaner as long as it is not solvent based.

Guest kccartint

The yellow in carnauba wax is said to stain the film over time. I would not touch a non-coated film with it. I have had good luck with the Tuttle Wax Ice. Dries clear and seems to last a bit longer than most you will find on the shelf of a parts store. P21s is real nice too.

Guest Josh @ Proform

First I like to use Simoniz System 5 paint sealant on the film. It really adds to the gloss and lasts longer that anything I have used. Turtle wax Ice works well the rest of the time.

Archived