what happened to our industry?

19 yr flat glass vet. Handled every film out there practically. 2mil-15mil. Recently been traveling doing Hotels with a partner, we have a combined 47 yr experience. Believe it our not you hacks. Many good references. How many of us are out there that are experiencing the same deal this year? This is probably the worst year we've seen in this industry, IMO. If you post a job on here looking for help, dont have 35 people call you only to find out that you got a call to go do an estimate. Have some balls to call people back, and also dont punch the people in the nuts with a ton of experience with 30 cents a foot. Could you feed your family earning 30 cents a foot? I was born and raised in this country and expect to make a decent wage in my profession, not a wage that can be beat by flippin burgers at Joes burger joint alongside Jose`! Ive worked for many shops as a sub that claim to be the "BEST IN TOWN" only to have them f you in the long run. Im not crying here, believe it or not, Im simply saying lets put some class back in our industry. There are some of us that LOVE the thought of hanging film, I do!! I havent been in it this long for nothing! Believe it or not, were not all the crackheads that tinters get the rap to be, I know we have all worked with a few. We have homes, 40k dollar trucks, and mouths to feed. Believe me if I could live in a dumpster wrapping a belt around my arm for a fix every day at lunch and know that I may have 8 cars waiting to tint or another 5k ft of flatglass to do.. I mean, why not?! But some of us have morals and ethics that our families and the good Lord has taught us. Im sure there are others out there that can attest to what Im saying.

It would be my desire to see our industry establish itself like it once was. A industry like others, who pay for experience, quality, professionalism and integrity. Please dont take this post the wrong way, if you have, than thats your opinion, your entitled to it.

Good Luck this year.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
Usually not. I'm sure someone out there makes it so if one goes they all do.
19 yr flat glass vet. Handled every film out there practically. 2mil-15mil. Recently been traveling doing Hotels with a partner, we have a combined 47 yr experience. Believe it our not you hacks. Many good references. How many of us are out there that are experiencing the same deal this year? This is prolly the worst year we've seen in this industry, IMO. If you post a job on here looking for help, dont have 35 people call you only to find out that you got a call to go do an estimate. Have some balls to call people back, and also dont punch the people in the nuts with a ton of experience with 30 cents a foot. Could you feed your family earning 30 cents a foot? I was born and raised in this country and expect to make a decent wage in my profession, not a wage that can be beat by flippin burgers at Joes burger joint alongside Jose`! Ive worked for many shops as a sub that claim to be the "BEST IN TOWN" only to have them f you in the long run. Im not crying here, believe it or not, Im simply saying lets put some class back in our industry. There are some of us that LOVE the thought of hanging film, I do!! I havent been in it this long for nothing! Believe it or not, were not all the crackheads that tinters get the rap to be, I know we have all worked with a few. We have homes, 40k dollar trucks, and mouths to feed. Believe me if I could live in a dumpster wrapping a belt around my arm for a fix every day at lunch and know that I may have 8 cars waiting to tint or another 5k ft of flatglass to do.. I mean, why not?! But some of us have morals and ethics that our families and the good Lord has taught us. Im sure there are others out there that can attest to what Im saying.

It would be my desire to see our industry establish itself like it once was. A industry like others, who pay for experience, quality, professionalism and integrity. Please dont take this post the wrong way, if you have, than thats your opionion, your entitled to it.

Good Luck this year.

I called the same guy you must have called!!! I laughed my azz off when he told me .30 a square. I wont go next door for that let alone all the way to that job!!! As long as you've been around and from where you are from, you still sound suprised that someone is always willing to hizzo out the market!!! The killer is that he'll probably get the help he needs. Those crackheads will do it. Personally, I'm glad I'm not associated with that job.

I've only been screwed twice on jobs. Both times were down near you. I will never return home again to await my last check. For the record, there is a Large tint biz in Boynton near Congress that will screw you in a heart beat!!! Be VERY careful IF you have any dealings with his largeness. :dunno:evileye The problem is that they count on the fact that you're not gonna come down and file in small claims court when they refuse to send you your final check. Dude simply told me he had no record of me doing the jobs he owes me for. Problem is, I still have the custys invoices, and they will remember me. I just might file on his ass!!! :thumb

Guest tintgod
you called us hacks....am I taking this the wrong way? :dunno

yeah..whats up with that sheit. :evileye

I think you put most of the blame..if not all the blame on the mannys that will sell to just about anyone with money or plastic for the way this industry is going..IMO.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
you called us hacks....am I taking this the wrong way? :lol2
:lol2 that's what I thought
yeah..whats up with that sheit. :dunno

:thumb If it doesn't apply, let it fly, but if the truth hurts :thumb ....................................... you must be an Aussie :evileye:lol2:thumb

Archived