Fla State Tint Laws

Guest Noruleschick

Guest Noruleschick

Dilemma!

Two years ago, I had legal tint installled on my suv by reputable tint installer locallly. I drive by cops daily, I talk to cops, I have cops in the family. So, one day, I drop my kid off at school and head on home. I get pulled over by this cop first thing in the morning, on an overcast day. The cop gets out of his car and says, do you know why I pulled you over? I said, no. He says, license and registration I hand it to him, he walks back to his car, couple of minutes he returns and hands me back my license and reggie. He states, do you know why I pulled you over? I said, no. He says, roll down your back window, puts a meter on it and says because you have illegal tint. He says, I don't think this is funny. I said, what is funny? He says, my biggest pet peeve is this. I said, what? He said, do you realize I could not see into your truck? I said, well it's overcast right now, but if the sun was out you could.

He was at least fifty feet away from the street on the side, pulled next to a building and I knew it was a speed trap so I was not going to speed in this area at all. I knew I was not speeding, so I could not figure out why I was getting pulled. So he says, it's people like you that us "cops" get killed, I said, excuse me? I said I do not illegal tint and I was going to call the guy that installed the tint immediately as soon as get home. I said, to the cop I can't believe you are harassing me for legal tint. He said, can I see your license and registration again, I don't know whay I gave it back to you the first time? I was a bit confused, so I gave it back to him. Few minutes later he comes back and says you have 30 days to comply. I said, what? I said, the guy that did my tint, did several officers that day at the same time and they had the same tint on their windows of which is 6% certfied. He says, yeah any tint installer will tell you it's legal as long as the money is in their pocket. I was stunned, absolutely stunned.

Ticket was for the following: 3.5% on back windows

Warning was for : as1 below the legal I am guilty of that I bought the car with that already installed

Front Windows 14.7%

I have to go to court on Thursday, your opinion will really help.

I know you all are probably saying get advice from johnny law the family members, it's the cop mentallity that I don't like that's why I won't ask them.

PS.

What about wraps!

What about trucks 12 and 15 feet in the air?

What about cops with pet peeves, is'nt that a personal vendetta?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Thetintcenter
Dilemma!

Two years ago, I had legal tint installled on my suv by reputable tint installer locallly. I drive by cops daily, I talk to cops, I have cops in the family. So, one day, I drop my kid off at school and head on home. I get pulled over by this cop first thing in the morning, on an overcast day. The cop gets out of his car and says, do you know why I pulled you over? I said, no. He says, license and registration I hand it to him, he walks back to his car, couple of minutes he returns and hands me back my license and reggie. He states, do you know why I pulled you over? I said, no. He says, roll down your back window, puts a meter on it and says because you have illegal tint. He says, I don't think this is funny. I said, what is funny? He says, my biggest pet peeve is this. I said, what? He said, do you realize I could not see into your truck? I said, well it's overcast right now, but if the sun was out you could.

He was at least fifty feet away from the street on the side, pulled next to a building and I knew it was a speed trap so I was not going to speed in this area at all. I knew I was not speeding, so I could not figure out why I was getting pulled. So he says, it's people like you that us "cops" get killed, I said, excuse me? I said I do not illegal tint and I was going to call the guy that installed the tint immediately as soon as get home. I said, to the cop I can't believe you are harassing me for legal tint. He said, can I see your license and registration again, I don't know whay I gave it back to you the first time? I was a bit confused, so I gave it back to him. Few minutes later he comes back and says you have 30 days to comply. I said, what? I said, the guy that did my tint, did several officers that day at the same time and they had the same tint on their windows of which is 6% certfied. He says, yeah any tint installer will tell you it's legal as long as the money is in their pocket. I was stunned, absolutely stunned.

Warning was for : as1 below the legal I am guilty of that I bought the car with that already installed

Front Windows 14.7%

I know you all are probably saying get advice from johnny law the family members, it's the cop mentallity that I don't like that's why I won't ask them.

PS.

What about wraps!

What about cops with pet peeves, is'nt that a personal vendetta?

Your entire vehicle is illegal. Florida law states that if you drive a MPV which you have. The rear can net 6% and the fronts 28% with the front strip to the AS1 line. I know there is a 3% variance allowed. Your only real argument here is that I don't believe you can be pulled over just for your tint :rimshot - check on this! Also was his meters battery new and did he properly calibrate it? Either way you should just remove the front windows and the front strip. Take it the 5o and have them check off on it. Good luck! :rollin

Guest Noruleschick
Dilemma!

Front Windows 14.7%

I know you all are probably saying get advice from johnny law the family members, it's the cop mentality that I don't like that's why I won't ask them.

PS.

What about wraps!

What about cops with pet peeves, isn't that a personal vendetta?

Your entire vehicle is illegal. Florida law states that if you drive a MPV which you have. The rear can net 6% and the fronts 28% with the front strip to the AS1 line. I know there is a 3% variance allowed. Your only real argument here is that I don't believe you can be pulled over just for your tint :lol - check on this! Also was his meters battery new and did he properly calibrate it? Either way you should just remove the front windows and the front strip. Take it the 5o and have them check off on it. Good luck! :lol

State window tinting rules, if I read it correctly. Says 15 B.side and 15 Rear..What does MPV stand for Multi Personal Vehicle :nope I am definitely going to ask about the calibration and when was it done. Is it due to manufacture visibility of the glass and the tint?

Guest Noruleschick
your windshield and front doors are illegal.

but not the back, right?

I got the ticket for the back.

Warnings for the front, of which I will take care of and have removed.

Guest Noruleschick
Dilemma!

Front Windows 14.7%

I know you all are probably saying get advice from johnny law the family members, it's the cop mentality that I don't like that's why I won't ask them.

PS.

What about wraps!

What about cops with pet peeves, isn't that a personal vendetta?

Your entire vehicle is illegal. Florida law states that if you drive a MPV which you have. The rear can net 6% and the fronts 28% with the front strip to the AS1 line. I know there is a 3% variance allowed. Your only real argument here is that I don't believe you can be pulled over just for your tint :lol - check on this! Also was his meters battery new and did he properly calibrate it? Either way you should just remove the front windows and the front strip. Take it the 5o and have them check off on it. Good luck! :lol

State window tinting rules, if I read it correctly. Says 15 B.side and 15 Rear..What does MPV stand for Multi Personal Vehicle :nope I am definitely going to ask about the calibration and when was it done. Is it due to manufacture visibility of the glass and the tint?

Isn't this ironic..I live in the same county..

Window Tint Litigation

• Mr. Mace currently has an armed trafficking case in Charlotte County, Florida. His client was pulled over based on a window tint violation and proceeded to have his vehicle searched by police. Mr. Mace is arguing that this stop was unconstitutional and a violation of his client’s rights. Mr. Mace is also arguing that Florida ’s window tinting statute is unconstitutional because it enables a police officer to stop any vehicle on a whim. Mr. Mace is prepared to take this argument to the Florida Supreme Court.

http://www.flsenate.gov

Statutes 316.2951-2957-please list them all in this link.

Guest Thetintcenter

Look on the sticker on the drivers door. It will read Type: either Car, Truck or MPV Multi passenger vehicle. If your back glass(s) reads 3.5 % you may still be LEGAL considering the 3% varience. ALL of your front windows ARE illegal. If you are fighting this then load up your ammo and visit www.iwfa.com and read up.

Guest Noruleschick
Look on the sticker on the drivers door. It will read Type: either Car, Truck or MPV Multi passenger vehicle. If your back glass(s) reads 3.5 % you may still be LEGAL considering the 3% varience. ALL of your front windows ARE illegal. If you are fighting this then load up your ammo and visit www.iwfa.com and read up.

Thanks, and yes I am going to fight it, because the back windows are legal. As far as the front I agree they will have to be removed, and I will have the strip cut to as1 regulation.

Guest Thetintcenter

:dunno

Thanks, and yes I am going to fight it, because the back windows are legal. As far as the front I agree they will have to be removed, and I will have the strip cut to as1 regulation.

Archived