98 silverado

Guest willie
So easy money what did you decide to do :lol2

I know your rich, you just did a 15 passenger van :DD

:DD try three of those basturds yesterday, they decided since I did it sooo fast, they had two more, plus an 08 f-350, then my wife schedules a bug convt. to r&r I dont work this hard, normally, so it was a tuff day, and late night

I haven't decided what to do yet, I had a few peeps pm me with a few ideas, but I know I want a box with two subs, but not sure on what components to use, because as my wife will tell you, I'm a cheap scape, well as far as she knows, I usually lie about how much stuff costs :lol2:lol2

:lol2

I still have her phone number. For a small bribe I wont tell her what those things cost :lol2

So easy money what did you decide to do :DD

I know your rich, you just did a 15 passenger van :lol2

:lol2 try three of those basturds yesterday, they decided since I did it sooo fast, they had two more, plus an 08 f-350, then my wife schedules a bug convt. to r&r I dont work this hard, normally, so it was a tuff day, and late night

I haven't decided what to do yet, I had a few peeps pm me with a few ideas, but I know I want a box with two subs, but not sure on what components to use, because as my wife will tell you, I'm a cheap scape, well as far as she knows, I usually lie about how much stuff costs :DD:DD

I still have her phone number. For a small bribe I wont tell her what those things cost :lol2

:lol2 why you gotta do a guy like that, isn't there some man law to cover this sorta thing, like blackmail :lol2:lol2

Guest willie

:lol2 try three of those basturds yesterday, they decided since I did it sooo fast, they had two more, plus an 08 f-350, then my wife schedules a bug convt. to r&r I dont work this hard, normally, so it was a tuff day, and late night

I haven't decided what to do yet, I had a few peeps pm me with a few ideas, but I know I want a box with two subs, but not sure on what components to use, because as my wife will tell you, I'm a cheap scape, well as far as she knows, I usually lie about how much stuff costs :DD:lol2

:lol2 why you gotta do a guy like that, isn't there some man law to cover this sorta thing, like blackmail :lol2:lol2

:DD

I haven't decided what to do yet, I had a few peeps pm me with a few ideas, but I know I want a box with two subs, but not sure on what components to use, because as my wife will tell you, I'm a cheap scape, well as far as she knows, I usually lie about how much stuff costs :DD:lol2

:DD

there should be, because that aint right :lol2:lol2:lol2 you know how psycho mrs. big money is :lol2

thanks to all who have given me some advice :lol2

it seems clear to me that after more than 225 views, there arent many on here who know allot about car audio :DD

which is weird, because I have seen where there are shops here that do car audio, and haven't even offered to sell anything

I would rather buy from you guys then go to one of the chain places, like best buy :lol2

Guest hometheaterman

Maybe I missed it but what kind of budget do you have for this? Honestly on a budget I've been pretty happy with both Infinity and Kicker Comp VR subs. I'm on my second set of Infinity's in my truck. The first set was in our Honda and after a couple years the surround came apart on one of them. It hit hard and sounded super clean at a very good price however I did have that problem. I'm hoping I got a bad one. The other one is still good. I replaced them with the new model ones and like them too. They just sound really clean and good to me at a nice price. I'd recommend these. A couple of buddies have had JL stuff and while it's nice I've yet to hear anything from that has sounded better than my setup with Infinity's to me and they all spent a ton more on them.

With the Kicker Comp VR sub it sounds pretty good a hits hard. I don't know if I like the sound quality quite as much as the Infinity's but it's still a good sounding sub and hits really hard for what it is. The Infinity's are 2 12"s and have been both times. The Kicker is a single 10". Another good brand to look at imo is the Alpine Type R or Type X subs although both require pretty much power to run them.

Are you thinking of replacing the amp? I like Alpine amps, Pheonix Gold, and if you want a decent cheap amp Profile amps.

As for speakers I really have been happy with the Polks I've had. I've had both some from the Momo line and some from the DB line. I've been happy with both and run a set of DB components up front and DB coaxials in the rear of my truck. The reason for the DB's is they barely fit. Soo close Crutchfield says they don't fit however I got them too. It was close enough I think the Momo's would have taken quite a bit of work that I didn't want to mess with to as they are a fair big larger.

I've also been happy with the Alpine speakers I've used. Infinity is one more good budget speaker brand. If you want to spend a little more there is Diamond Audio.

Are you planning on adding a amp to the speakers? I run a 4 channel Alpine amp for my speakers and have been fairly happy with it. There probably some slightly better brands out there however I listed ones that imo are good bang for the buck. Most of the other stuff I haven't seen good enough without spending lots more that made a noticeable difference if any.

Archived