How to cut with filmhandler ?

Got the filmhandler mounted on the wall but not too sure correct way to set it up for cutting the film. It says "load film from rear" I place the film on and have the film coming down the rear and over the top of the blades, when I try to cut/pull my film through with the spring loaded, felt backed bar down it causes the film to bunch up. Have cut the film without the bar down and this works better but just seems slower than cutting from the box.

Any tips, advice or even a few pics guys

Thanks

Uncle Bob

Got the filmhandler mounted on the wall but not too sure correct way to set it up for cutting the film. It says "load film from rear" I place the film on and have the film coming down the rear and over the top of the blades, when I try to cut/pull my film through with the spring loaded, felt backed bar down it causes the film to bunch up. Have cut the film without the bar down and this works better but just seems slower than cutting from the box.

Any tips, advice or even a few pics guys

Thanks

Uncle Bob

Heres the easiest way to use it. The ' load from the rear means to load the film into the unit from the rear. This is for ladder mounting. Due to the fat that many idiots would drop the rollas they were loading it, so instead of loading over the top of the bars. you would load it from behind. That doew not apply to your situation.

The film should come off the roll as you have it. When you pull the film, raise the clamp down bar, pull the film, then lower it to hold the film in place as you cut it. This will alow you to pull the film easily, then, it will stay in place on the handler after you cut it til you need it. After it is cut, leave the bar down, then pull each piece as you need. Once you get used to it, you will be able to cut easily and waste much less. Remember, if you need to change the cutter location, pull the pieces before about 1 - 2" short, roll it back a bit, then pull the film out of the blade unit (to the side). then roll it out to where the blade cut it even with the cuttin bar. This will create less waste on the pull.

When you cut the piece horizontally, remember, you make the cut along the TOP of the backing plate the film is pressed against with the felt/spring loaded bar.

Archived