Lexus RX 330

Devil with bad attitude

Just a tip on doing these front door glasses for this off-roader.

The film fingers in about 7 places at the bottom so make sure you place the machine edge of the roll to the top of the door trim.

Taking off the door trim.........

Remove internal black plastic surround from rear view mirror area. Dead easy, just lift out towards you.....typical Toyota.

Remove grey plastic plug below that area by pushing in the lug and popping out the whole unit...typically Toyota again.

Remove screw from behind internal door unlocking mechanism and screw from recessed grab handle area. This is also dead easy.

Now the difficult part without breaking anything!

The trim is fixed in by the usual male/female plugs that push straight in that we find on any car around the perimeter of the door.

BUT......at the top underneath are 2 plastic locator lugs that that fit into 2 holes at 90 degrees to the door.

It is not a case of just lifting the trim up and out like conventional door trims because these at 90 degree locators won't allow it.

What has to be done is that the trim has to be pulled way out and pivoted at the top so that the lugs which are about an inch long can come out of the holes and then lift the trim up and clear once free.

These are horrible to remove on the first go and I broke off both lugs. (God knows how they do these on the production line.) Don't be too concerned because the trim will go back on OK without them.

It's up there with one of the most ridiculous designs I have ever come across.

Once I knew the gig, I was right on the other side and by the way you do not have to remove any switch gear and the trim will hang on the door.

Devil

Same here

split those finger up

Divide and conquer

Work from the center out

I get 2-3 small fingers on the top (heat em up no prob) then 2-3 small ones on the bottom

if you force all the fingers to the bottom you are gonnna get 5-6 large ones and be in for a fight

I also dont remove panels Tuck em and lift em

sometimes I do 7 of these in a day

Archived