Dangerously dark?

dramatints

Im just so curious why a lot of the tinters on here consider dark tint to be dangerous? 5% I can def see why, but anything between 20 and 30% I think is just fine. im not talkin law here just want other tinters opinions. please tell me why tint is more dangerous than dark sunglasses. and why tinting my windshield with 50% to keep the glare down is dangerous when the sun in my face is more dangerous? both for my eyes and anyone in front of me.

If you limo tint out some persons car and they smash into a pedestrian while taking a turn are you going to be very happy with yourself?

I already said that I understand when I comes to 5%. and what if u put 70% on a car in front and 20% (or something like that) in the rear and they back into somebody, and injur or kill. all im trying to say is that tint is not a major problem when it comes to people being killed by drivers. speeding, drinking, Dr*gs, etc are the reasons why people are dying or being injured. all im trying to do with this post is find out why. why do you or any one else feel dark tint is dangerous. and when I say dark I mean anything lower than 70 or even 50. again, I understand when it comes to limo. I just think too many people have too much fun being di*ks to anyone who posts so called !llegal pics or even talks about doing it. there are too many holes in the keep it legal arguement. I love to argue, but in a friendly, proffesional way. so im not bashing anyone or trying to disrespectful in any way but c'mon guys. mis matched tint looks stupid! :lol6

if there weren't tint laws this discussion would never take place. I bought a truck last year with a little factory tint in the back and it had 20% aftermarket on top. I couldn't see out at night. also, sometimes at an intersection it does help me to be able to see another driver and be able to tell if he sees me or just isn't paying attention. tinted windshields are gonna fail at the same rate as any other piece of film applied to an auto, maybe quicker. so as time passes your optical clarity is decreasing if you had sh!t film installed. I don't want this guy behind me on the road at night.

Guest Key West

To answer your question, I believe that SG's 13 is fine. It's my favorite film. Too bad I don't use SG anymore!! 20% is fine in my book. There is absolutely no valid reason for anyone to have 5% other than just to have it. 20% gives good privacy, good heat numbers, and just plain ole looks good. 35 is fine, but I prefer 13-20%

Guest Sunlimited

I think 5% is ok is the rear of a work van, I know you can still cup your hands and look in but it at least deters people from a few feet away...

Guest hometheaterman

When I had 5% on the front of my truck you could see out just fine during the day and at night it was a little harder but you could still see out you just had to be careful and sometimes roll the windows down if in dark area's. You could still see in a little too. To me 20% is just way too light of a film as you can see right through it.

I have 5% all around with the exception of my windshield. It takes getting some used too I admit that up front. I am one of the few that I know that actually have a medical exemption for mine so I have a LEGIT reason for it. Like I said, it takes getting some to but I still find myself being a little morte cautious when backing up and all.

Be safe

Guest sscreamo

Yea the sun is dangerous for driving and tinting your windshield would help reduce the glare but that's what sun glasses are for because once the sun is gone you can take off your sun glasses, you can't just roll down a tinted windshield at night when the sun is gone. Plus you need to be able to see as much as possible at night god forbit you hit a person let alone child with your car because your night time visibility was reduced. :beer

Archived