BMW Roll Downs Windows??

Guest ProtectiveWindowFilms

Guest ProtectiveWindowFilms

what is the best way to tint the roll downs on BMWs? im talkin about the seal at the bottom because it is so tight. right now my bro is using masking tape to pull back on the bottom seal but after the first time if you have to re-do the window the tape will not stick anymore because the felt is wet.

so what do you guys suggest to do or use to hold the bottom seal away from the glass??

Some thing I do that works out pretty well is cutting the tint a bit short. I cut the bottom and bump it up maybe about 1/8" dunno exactly as I eyeball it, but then do the rest of my cuts. What this will do it acompensate for the little bit og gap at the top and make it so the bottom of the tint is right even or just barely behind the felt, not more than 1/8" down there past the felts. Then when you install the film and roll up the window, squeegee onedown the middle and across the bottom 1st to sprad the bottom out and keep from sucking up dirt in the fingers from the bottom. if the film was shrunk properly before, there shouldn't be any issues with fingers. on the sides either.

sorry if it makes no sense, I'm drinking a lil bit.

Guest lordofthetints
Some thing I do that works out pretty well is cutting the tint a bit short. I cut the bottom and bump it up maybe about 1/8" dunno exactly as I eyeball it, but then do the rest of my cuts. What this will do it acompensate for the little bit og gap at the top and make it so the bottom of the tint is right even or just barely behind the felt, not more than 1/8" down there past the felts. Then when you install the film and roll up the window, squeegee onedown the middle and across the bottom 1st to sprad the bottom out and keep from sucking up dirt in the fingers from the bottom. if the film was shrunk properly before, there shouldn't be any issues with fingers. on the sides either.

I do practically the same thing, works out great!

Same here as well. Works great! :thumb

Archived