Ford rear view

Guest shadedimage

Guest shadedimage

I had been using a small flat head to remove them.. A bit risky you can feel the pressure on the windshield!!! So I bought one of those special tools designed to remove them. tryied using it on a 08 fusion.. Nothing.. the tool has 2 prongs. Anyone got any ideas about this tool or know a safer way to remove rear view on Fords??

Guest shadedimage
It interesting you posted this on the Cadillac thread.

I would just cut around it.

OOPs ur right!! It happens!! Kinnda new @ this!! Cut around what? The mirror... I do after I take it off, Just wonderd if there was a better method anyone knew....

It interesting you posted this on the Cadillac thread.

I would just cut around it.

OOPs ur right!! It happens!! Kinnda new @ this!! Cut around what? The mirror... I do after I take it off, Just wonderd if there was a better method anyone knew....

Yeah, cut around the mirror. You want to put a windshield strip on right? Even though you get the mirror off, you will still have the metal piece the mirror attached to. Just seems like a waste of time is all Im saying...but Im sure someone here can help with a tool.

They are all held in by a C clip that hugs the bracket . You insert the tool and pull towards you very slightly at the same time wiggling the mirror back and forth while pulling up towards the headliner. Some people just insert the tool and pull hard until the mirror comes off but that puts a lot of pressure on the glass.

they make another one for that clip HPIM0979.jpg

That one is usually too big for the ford mirror. I have both tools and the 2 prong works better but I hate trying to take these mirrors off after cracking a windshield before I tell the custy to get the mirror off then I'll do it. In reality you are supposed to just grasp the mirror and pull downwards and it'll pop right off but I don't risk it anymore after a $500 windshield :rollin

Guest shadedimage
they make another one for that clip HPIM0979.jpg

That one is usually too big for the ford mirror. I have both tools and the 2 prong works better but I hate trying to take these mirrors off after cracking a windshield before I tell the custy to get the mirror off then I'll do it. In reality you are supposed to just grasp the mirror and pull downwards and it'll pop right off but I don't risk it anymore after a $500 windshield :rollin

Yeah, the one I have is the 2 prong... I wil just work w/ it nxt time I get another ford front strip!! Many thx 4 all responses!!

Archived