What film can I use??

So we did a customers house with RN07GR. It turned out nice and blocks a crap load of heat. Only problem is he really wanted the one way mirror because one big window on the front of the house. At night you can see straight through and into the master bedroom. Even with lights on outside the window, you can see right in clearly. So I need to find something. I figure no matter what we put on there it is gonna have the same effect. Can't put blinds on this window. Any one have any suggestions?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
So we did a customers house with RN07GR. It turned out nice and blocks a crap load of heat. Only problem is he really wanted the one way mirror because one big window on the front of the house. At night you can see straight through and into the master bedroom. Even with lights on outside the window, you can see right in clearly. So I need to find something. I figure no matter what we put on there it is gonna have the same effect. Can't put blinds on this window. Any one have any suggestions?

More light outside and less light inside... you can't fight physics.

Guest scottydosnntkno

fa sho V. your like me and post in every thread :trustme cept when your bashing me :lol2

but seriously TS, have them put a couple BRIGHT spots outside, and it should help. Other than that, theres not a whole lot you can do. I believe thats a 7% silver film? You can't go a whole lot darker than that.

Guest scottydosnntkno

oh yeah, try putting a dimmer on the inside lights. you can dim then to 50-60% normal power, and not tell a huge difference. as a archite, their always preching eco friendly to us, and a lot of the new retail stores are going all natural during the day. Powering a 100,000 sq/ft building(walmart, etc) with skylights can save $40,000 a year in electrical bills. While initially you will notice a light difference, after less than a minute you will be used to it and not really notice. It'll save you money, and provide more privacy like they are looking for. kinda light being outside in sunlight, then going inside your house or shop.....

fa sho V. your like me and post in every thread :lol2 cept when your bashing me :lol

but seriously TS, have them put a couple BRIGHT spots outside, and it should help. Other than that, theres not a whole lot you can do. I believe thats a 7% silver film? You can't go a whole lot darker than that.

I like the spot light idea... probably make the house look better to.

Throw some aluminum foil on that window... j/k :lol:trustme

I don't think the light idea is gonna work. I'll see if I can get a pic of the house. The window is on the second floor but you can see through it from the street and neighbors houses. What if I put a frost film over the one way mirror? I know they will lose visibility but I don't think they care at this point

Guest vclimber

fa sho V. your like me and post in every thread :trustme cept when your bashing me :lol2

I am not like you. If you post wrong info or talk about things that you really dontkno then I will call you or anyone else out on it. Simple as that.

I don't think the spot light will work either. Once they turn on the bedroom light at night you will still be able to see in the windows. You said shades were out of the question and im sure white matt would be too. DECO?

Archived