What film can I use??

Tintmanlibby, Drei is Hupers 35% film??? I can't remember exactly what it is. Is it an all ceramic film? Most of the people I do houses for want a good refelctive film for privacy during the day, blinds at night. So is this like an IR film that you can still see through nicely but blocks a ton of heat? I am starting to really dig that stuff. LLumar has something similar. Does Lulus stuff hold a candle to Huper?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintmanlibby
Tintmanlibby, Drei is Hupers 35% film??? I can't remember exactly what it is. Is it an all ceramic film? Most of the people I do houses for want a good refelctive film for privacy during the day, blinds at night. So is this like an IR film that you can still see through nicely but blocks a ton of heat? I am starting to really dig that stuff. LLumar has something similar. Does Lulus stuff hold a candle to Huper?

no this stuff is premier! the iner reflectivity is little of none expecally at night .priceeeeeee .its #,s are off the chart

Guest tintmanlibby
Yeah that stuff is too pricey, even for our rich ones. DR25 is like that at night. Inner reflectivity is not nearly as bad as other reflective films. It is my favorite film

I like the dr line matter of fact that probley what im gettin ready to use on a couple window's on my friend's house

I don't know about you guys but lately almost everybody is cringing at even $6 a sq. ft. I gave a guy an estimate for 8 mil. I thought he was gonna fall over....And I quoted him $2 cheaper a sq ft than normal. I couldn't imagine selling Huper right now. Maybe I'll hire one of our car salesman lol

I don't know about you guys but lately almost everybody is cringing at even $6 a sq. ft. I gave a guy an estimate for 8 mil. I thought he was gonna fall over....And I quoted him $2 cheaper a sq ft than normal. I couldn't imagine selling Huper right now. Maybe I'll hire one of our car salesman lol

If you don't believe in it, they wont :lol2

Guest scottydosnntkno

If you don't believe in it, they wont :lol2

you have to always push the upsell. if a customer is looking at a neutral 35-50, I always push the ceramic on them. Especially the ones who want all the benefits without the dark tinted look. I probably could mark it up more, but as it is I sell a lot of it charge $3 more than regular film, because our cost isn't a whole lot more for the ceramic as opposed to a standard film.

Oh if I ever had a customer that wanted a light film with good heat rejection I'd be all over the up sell to ceramic. No one wants that down here. There are a couple of places though that the association was so strict, it was hard to get any tint at all on their houses. I bet that would be an easy sell for the ceramic. How is the ceramic stuff on glare? I get a lot of customers that have problems with glare.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Oh if I ever had a customer that wanted a light film with good heat rejection I'd be all over the up sell to ceramic. No one wants that down here. There are a couple of places though that the association was so strict, it was hard to get any tint at all on their houses. I bet that would be an easy sell for the ceramic. How is the ceramic stuff on glare? I get a lot of customers that have problems with glare.

I use JWF's palisade for ceramic, and the glare is what you would expect from a 35-50 film. You can only cut so much with a light film.

I'll try to paint a better picture for you. First, the customer didn't say he was looking for this to be for privacy. Heat was the main concern, except for the little window by the front door. He didn;t want people to be able to see right in when they came up to the window. He has the one way mirror and frost on that. The window in question is a 4x3 window above the front door. So picture this. You walk in the front door, stairs are right in front of you. At top of stairs there is the door to the master bedroom. So the window above the door which is about 12 feet from the floor, looks directly into the top of the stairs and the bedroom door. None of this was explained to us that this particular window was a real problem at night. He mostly cimplained about all the heat coming in. BTW, this stuff really blocks some serious heat. Looks great. I like the ideas about remote control blinds and also the shades. Do they make those shades powered somehow? There is no way to get to this window without a ladder. His wife didn't want to do blinds cuz they said it would stick out. I have to look at it again. I think blinds will work. I am gonna give them 3 options I think. Frost, blinds or shades.

I hate to point out the obvious, but tell them to keep the bedroom door closed when it is night time...which is probably what they did before the film install. Dang, I can solve ALL problems. AND, blinds would look like crap on that window. Shutters would look best IMO.

Archived